At Cancerbro Healthcare Private Limited (“Cancerbro”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), we acknowledge and respect your right to privacy. We take your concerns related to privacy and security seriously.
- What personal information do we collect?
- Right to stay anonymous
- What non- personal information do we collect?
- Who can see your profile
- Who can see your posts/comments/replies/photos
- How We May Use Your Information
- How We Disclose the Information We Collect?
- How do we protect your information?
- Respect privacy of others
- Support Community/Support Group/News Feed/Squad
- Correcting or Updating your Personal and/or Non-personal Identifiable Information.
- Data retention
- European Union and Other Foreign Nations
- Contact us
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, which includes name, address, email address, telephone number, and other information that identifies you. You may generally use the Sites without disclosing personal information. However, use of certain features and functions of the site like posting in support communities, news feed/squad, sending friend requests, etc. require you to create an account/register on the site. At the time of registration, we collect email ID and some non-personal identifiable information like community/support group(s) in which you choose to subscribe, your interest(s), and if you are a fighter, survivor, or caregiver. We may use third party service providers to assist us in collecting and maintaining this personal information. However, we require such service providers to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Right to stay anonymous
If you want to use the site anonymously, then you can choose to hide your real name while registering.
We require only your email to identify you which is always kept private. Also, in that case, we recommend
you not to provide any personal info on your profile to ensure complete anonymity.
It is your choice to complete the profile in which we collect other personal identifiable information which includes gender, date of birth, and address, of which gender and date of birth will be private (not visible to anyone) and address will be public (visible to everyone). However, it doesn’t affect your usability of the site.
What non- personal information do we collect?
When you visit our Sites, we (or a third-party vendor or contractor on our behalf) may passively collect non-personal information about you.
Our Internet server automatically tracks the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computers that access our site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. IP addresses are not personal information because different individuals may use the same computer to access the Internet. Cancerbro may use this information to evaluate how visitors navigate our Sites and help improve the content.
Who can see your profile
People who are not the registered users of CancerBro can’t view your profile. Only registered users can see your profile. All registered users can view your profile and see your public
information as mentioned above, including your Support group/Community and Squad/News feed posts on your profile [which includes your shared photos].
Your friends list is private and no other user can see it.
Who can see your posts/comments/replies/photos:
On CancerBro you can post in your subscribed communities or in your squad/news feed.
1. Support group/Community posts:
Our Support groups/Communities are global and any user from any part of the world can join it. So, our Support groups/Communities posts are public in nature which can be viewed by anyone whether they are registered users or not. However, only registered users can comment on your posts and leave a reply on your comment.
2. Squad/News Feed posts:
Unlike our Support groups/Communities, your Squad/News Feed is a personalised space for you and your friends where you can post what you want to share with them. But if any registered user (even if he/she is not your friend) visits your profile, they can see, comment or reply on your squad/news feed posts, including your photos.
-Remarketing details and Google Display Features.
-Collect IPs for Geolocation.
-Event tracking – button clicks, scroll, etc. to learn user behavior and improve our services and add new features.
This service may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We May Use Your Information
In this section, we discuss how we may use the Personal and Non-Personal Information that we collect.
- By registering for the Services, you are agreeing to receive certain communications. Precisely, we may use your registration information to send you communications about our products and services and the products and services of our third-party sponsors through pop-ups, banners and emails. You may also subscribe to receive certain email newsletters sent to registered users from time to time from which you can opt out using the Unsubscribe option in the email itself.
- In connection with advertising and marketing activities, Cancerbro may:
- As described above, we use web beacons and cookies to track your use of the Services, including content consumption, and may associate this information with other information that we have about you, including Personal Information, thereby creating a profile of you that we may update from time to time (“User Profile/ CancerBro Profile”).
- We use information that we collect about users of our Services, including Personal Information, to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Services (including advertising and Sponsored Programs), to develop new Services and for market analysis. We may combine this information with information that we obtain from third parties.
- We may use your account information to administer your account, respond to your inquiries you send to us and to send you administrative communications about the Services.
How We Disclose the Information We Collect?
Our policy is to not sell, rent, lease, provide or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities unless specifically described here or in any other terms that may apply to your use of a particular Site.
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information to any Third Party we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring site design, maintaining and providing internal support for our Sites and Content on the Sites. These Third Parties are called “third party service providers” and provide internal support to operations and activities and for Site design, development, advertising, hosting and operations. For example, we may employ third party service providers to send direct emails on our behalf or to provide information technology support. We may also use third party service providers to display or serve advertising on our Sites, run promotions, and distribute email messages or web-based newsletters and other information. We take reasonable efforts to ensure that our third-party service providers protect your privacy, and that they are not permitted to use your Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
We also reserve the right to make your Personal Information available to Third Parties in the following situations:
- When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court or other legal process;
- If we believe you are or may be a threat to the safety, property, interests or rights of Cancerbro or others;
- In order to investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests;
- In a merger, acquisition, change of control, joint venture or other business combination;
- When you otherwise consent.
How do we protect your information?
We employ various security measures designed to help protect the personal information that we collect from you online.
Unfortunately, no collection or transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information.
You can opt out of receiving promotional email from us by indicating that preference when you contact us, by sending us an email at any time.
Respect privacy of others
You hereby declare that you will not disclose any personal identifiable and non-personal identifiable information of any CancerBro user without their prior consent in any scenario. Please respect the privacy of members and their right to remain anonymous.
Support Community/Support Group/News Feed/Squad
Our Site offers publicly accessible Support Community/Support Group/News Feed/Squad with user content. Be aware that any personal information you disclose in those public domains may be collected and used by others outside the control of CancerBro.
Correcting or Updating your Personal and/or Non-personal Identifiable Information.
If you want to update, edit or delete your Personal and/or Non-personal Identifiable Information, you can update, edit or delete it by logging into your account.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
European Union and Other Foreign Nations
By using this site and submitting any personal information, visitors from outside of India acknowledge that this site is subject to Indian laws and their consent to the transfer of personal data to the India, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
- Principles of Data Privacy
- What non- personal information do we collect?
- How does the Company collect the data
- What Purposes is the Data Collected Used For?
- What is the legal basis for collection of data?
- How long will the data collected be retained by the Company?
- Processing of the data collected by the Platform
- Whom does the Company share your personal data with?
- Data Transfers
- Rights of the Data Subject
- Security of Your Information
- Data retention
- Third Party Websites
- Redressal Of Grievances
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Contact us
“Personal Information” means any information which relates to a living, identifiable person. It may include information such as name, address, email and any other identifier which is used to identify a person. However, it may also include certain sensitive information such as credit card number, health reports, bank account number etc or any data that renders a person identifiable.
“Processing” includes all activities relating to the use of personal data by the Company which is and not limited to data collection, storage, and sharing of the data.
“Data Subject” is the person whose personal information is being collected.
“Services” include any service which may be provided to You via the website, which includes but is not limited to the second opinion service, feedbacks and follow-up queries.
Principles of Data Privacy
The Company believes user protection and data privacy are human rights. The company takes protecting your privacy seriously and recognizes a duty of care towards people to whose data it holds. While the Company would make all efforts to ensure the safety and security of the information provided by you, it shall not be responsible for any loss or theft of data.
We will keep confidential and protect all your personal information except where disclosure is required or permitted by the law.
What Information May Be Collected
In the course of providing services, the Company may have to collect certain personal information from you. This information would, inter alia, include the following:
- Contact information: The Company may collect any contact information from You such as your name, address, phone number, email ID etc.
- Information to provide the Services: The Company may collect information regarding your medical history, medical reports, details of medication taken, health condition, prescriptions, allergies, age, body weight, medical insurance data, family medical history etc. in order to provide the Services in an efficient manner.
- Payment and billing information: The Company may collect your billing name, billing address and payment method when you pay for the Services availed by you on the Platform
- Other information: While you use the Platform, the Company may collect information about your IP address and the browser you are using.
If we learn that we have received any information from an individual under the age of 18, we will use that information only to respond directly to the minor (or a parent or legal guardian) to inform him or her that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information from our own servers.
How does the Company collect the data
- Personal Data provided to the Company: You willingly consent to provide the Company your personal data when you register on the Company’s online platform or interact with service providers registered therein. You also consent to sharing your personal data with the Company when you subscribe to receive our marketing.
- Personal data collected automatically: Some data such as your browser type, internet protocol address used, your usage habits may be automatically collected by the Company using cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. Cookies are used by the Company to provide you with a more interactive and personal experience on the website. Most browsers allow you to have full control over your cookies which includes whether or not you want to accept them or remove them or modify them in any manner.
- Remarketing details and Google Display Features.
- Collect IPs for Geolocation.
- Event tracking – button clicks, scroll, etc. to learn user behavior and improve our services and add new features.
What Purposes is the Data Collected Used For?
The purposes for which the Company uses the data collected are:
- Verifying your identity: The contact details collected may be used to verify your identity. You agree that such verification is essential for the Company to run the website smoothly and to comply with its legal and other obligations.
- Personalizing your experience on the website: The information collected from you would help the Company in personalizing your experience and providing you a better and more efficient service.
- Improving the design and style of website.
- Providing you with communication regarding offers, products or services, if you have chosen to subscribe to such communication.
- For security purposes: The Company might use the information provided by you on the Platform to protect our company, our users, our partners or our associates.
What is the legal basis for collection of data?
The Company collects data from you on the following legal basis:
- b) To protect your vital interests by connecting you with service providers.
- c) On the basis of consent obtained from you.
How long will the data collected be retained by the Company?
The Company shall not retain your data longer than is necessary for it to fulfill the aforementioned purposes.
Any information that is provided by you may be retained by the Company for:
- Providing the Services; and/or
- For meeting its obligations under applicable law.
- For providing any promotional or advertising materials to You, if You have chosen to subscribe to the same.
If you want to discontinue the use of the Platform, or if you want to withdraw the consent granted to the Platform for collecting and processing your data, please notify the Company at [email protected] Once you discontinue the use of the Platform or withdraw your consent, the Company shall retain the personal information provided by you on the Platform for such time period as may be mandated by applicable law (if any) and thereafter erase the same in full.
Processing of the data collected by the Platform
All data that is shared by you on the Platform may be processed by the Company. Personally identifiable data shared by you shall be stored and processed only for the purpose of providing the Services, and to contact you. Medical data and reports shared by you on the Platform may be processed for research and analysis in a de-identified form. If you would, at any time, revoke your consent for the processing of the data shared by you on the Platform, you could do so by sending an email to [email protected] Once such an email is received, the Company will remove your personal data from the data that is being processed in the manner set out in the aforesaid paragraphs.
Whom does the Company share your personal data with?
The Company may share your personal data, with:
- Service Providers: The company shall share your information with third parties who the company has contracted with for assistance with performing the services such as doctors, the Medical Board constituted by the company to provide you second opinion on your cancer in a deidentified form, payment processors engaged by the Company to safely store and handle payments information. In future, your medical data and history in a deidentified form may be shared with researches for study, analysis and publication.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: The Company reserve the right to share your information in a merger, acquisition, change of control, joint venture or other business combination.
The Company may transfer to and store the data collected in countries other than the country in which the data was collected. Those countries may not have similar data protection laws as the country in which your data was collected. When we transfer your data, we shall take adequate measures of data protection in accordance with all applicable legal requirements. If you are a resident of EEA, then your data shall be transferred only in compliance with the EU-GDPR Regulations.
The company will keep a copy of all the data stored by it in India at all times as required by the law.
Rights of the Data Subject
- Right to Request access to your personal data: You may, during anytime, after You have given Your consent to the collection of Your data, may request the access to the same, by sending an email to [email protected]. The Company shall provide you with a reasonable access to Your data within 7 working days or within such timeline as mandated under the applicable law.
- Right to Request correction of your data: You may, during anytime, after You have given Your consent to the collection of Your data, may request the correction of the same, by sending an email to [email protected]. Please note that failure to do so, shall be Your sole responsibility and the Company shall not be responsible for any incorrect information that You may have supplied.
- Request erasure of your data.
- Right to demand erasure or deletion of your data.
- Right to restrict processing of data: You may at anytime, after You have given consent to the collection of data, request the Company to process or not to process the same in a specific manner. You may send an email to [email protected] in order to request the same. Subject to the applicable law, the Company shall make all reasonable efforts to meet Your request at the earliest. However, You agree, that there could be genuine delays in immediately meeting this request, hence You agree to provide the Company 30 working days to implement Your request.
- Right to request transfer of data: You may request to get Your data transferred from one jurisdiction to the other. However, please note that the Company shall not take responsibility if the jurisdiction where You wish Your data to be transferred has inadequate data protection laws or measures.
Security of Your Information
Please note that neither the Company nor any of its employees will have access to the password of your user account that you create on this website. You shall be solely responsible for protecting your login credentials to the website, and the Company shall not be liable for any manner of unauthorized use of your account. You shall be liable to the company for any loss suffered by the Company as a result of unauthorized use of your login credentials. In the event of any misuse or suspected misuse of the same, please notify the Company at [email protected]
How do we protect your information?
Third Party Websites
Redressal Of Grievances
If you have any questions or grievances regarding about our platform, the content thereof, our data handling policies, or about our Services, you can reach out to The Grievance Officer of the Company customer support at [email protected] The Grievance Officer shall address any complaint or grievance that is raised by a User within a period of one (1) month from when it is raised.
Where the Company requires additional information to process and respond to the query raised by you, the Company shall notify you the same.
Force Majeure: The Company shall not be responsible for any cessation, interruption or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder due to earthquake, flood, fire, storm, natural disaster, act of God, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labor strike, lockout, or boycott. The Company may at any time, in its sole discretion and without advance notice to you, cease operation of the Platform and the provision of the Services.
Notices: All notices given to You by the Company or by You to the Company or another user shall be in writing and in the English language. Such notice shall be sent by e-mail or mailed by a prepaid internationally-recognized courier service to the intended recipient at the address set out below: