Register
Login
×

Mark Ruffalo cancer survivor story and history

Video Transcript:

Mark Alan Ruffalo, Born on November 22, 1967, Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S

He is an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter.

Well-known for a number of roles including portraying the Marvel Comic character Bruce Banner/The Hulk.

His Iconic movies include- “The Avengers”, “Collateral”, “Shutter Island”, “Rumor Has It”, “Reservation Road”, and “Now You See Me.”, “Just Like Heaven”, “Zodiac”,

In May of 2001, Mark Ruffalo had a vivid dream that he had a brain tumor.

It terrified him so much, he contacted his doctor who ordered an MRI test results proved he had a golf ball size mass behind his left ear.

At the time of diagnosis, Ruffalo and his wife were expecting their first child.

He wanted the birth of his child to be the happy focus, and he did not want others making his tragedy their tragedy. He told his wife after their child was born,

Underwent surgery to remove the tumor, Doctor’s told him he had an 80% chance of losing his hearing and a 20% chance of losing his facial nerve.

He battled paralysis of his facial nerves for ten months.

Ruffalo’s recovery was slow, He was quoted, “Recovery really tested what I was made of as a man. It also became a blessing in disguise, as time progressed.”

Mark Ruffalo is cancer free now.

He regained most of the movement in the left side of his face, came back stronger than ever in his career

If he can do it you can too.

Join our community to connect with fighters and survivors across the globe.

Watch survivor stories of celebrities who survived cancer.

Join our community of fighters and survivors, motivate and uplift each other to fight cancer together.
JOIN US