Staying positive throughout your cancer journey is important. It helps you manage your stress and anxiety. However, sometimes it is easier said than done. Once negative thoughts enter inside your head, it becomes quite difficult to stop them and look life from another perspective. At those times, you should speak to someone who truly understands what you are going through.
Sometimes reading survivor stories of others can also help you to keep your spirits high. In order to spread positivity, we compiled a list of 28 breast cancer survivor stories and their favorite quotes during their journey. Read the words of wisdom shared by these survivors.
Join our social media network to connect with other breast cancer survivors who are always ready to help and guide people battling cancer.
1. Natalie Wilson was diagnosed with Ductal Carcinoma in Situ in breast. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is Creator of “High Heal Diaries” and is now a speaker and a talk show host.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength” -Mahatma Gandhi “The journey you are on is purposeful; easy or difficult. It’s a journey created for you by God so don’t fight it, simply trust in His will” -Natalie Wilson
2. Malisa Morris is a breast cancer survivor and is helping and motivating others. She is the founder of “Embracing our scars”
“You are not Your Scars.” – Malisa Morris
3. Cindy Minter was diagnosed with breast and has successfully defeated her disease. She is a fitness enthusiast and a Hot Yoga student.
“Give your morning to God and he will give you the day.” –Carmel Murphy
4. Rach DiMare is now a Fashion Blogger, Beauty counter Consultant & a Cancer Aid Ambassador.
“Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it” –C. Assad
5. Jill Pring is a fitness enthusiast, a marathon runner, and an autism consultant.
“If you must look back, do so forgivingly. If you must look forward, do so prayerfully. However, the wisest thing you can do is be present in the present” –Maya Angelou
6. Jen has shared her journey in her blog – “Cancer. Life. Jen”
“Keep putting one foot in front of the other. That’s all you need to do right now” – said by my radiologist the day I was diagnosed.
7. Lakeia is a photographer, author of “3 Steps To Early Detection of Breast Cancer”, speaker, coach, and entrepreneur. She is the founder of “Choose Happy” and also hosts a podcast show for it.
“Life is much better when you Choose Happy. Despite your uncontrollable circumstances you have the choice to Choose Happy and to Choose Life.”~ Lakeia Clark
8. Brenda is a Her-2 positive breast cancer survivor. She is full of positive vibes and loves food.
“I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me”
9. Kim runs Smile Through The Fog – a blog about her journey to inspire others.
“From every wound, there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says ‘I survived’.”
10. Shauna is an adventure seeker and loves the outdoors.
“It’s ok to not be ok all the time.”
11. Felicia Mahone is state leader for the young survival coalition, patient navigator and in the board of directors for Pretty Dress Foundation.
”If it didn’t rain, nothing would ever grow.”
12. Alicia shares her motivational breast cancer journey to inspire others.
“ Let your faith be bigger than your fear.”
13. Megan is a breast cancer survivor who documents her journey in her blog: LIFE ON THE CANCER TRAIN.
“Never let anyone dull your sparkle”- Marilyn Monroe
14. Desiree now lives a healthy life with her family and encourages others to keep faith.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13)”.
15. Sarah lives a happy life with her family and loved ones.
“99% is not 100%. I want that other 1%.” – me “YOU are your own best advocate. It’s YOUR treatment plan – OWN it!” – also me
16. Brianne Joseph owns a detective agency. She is a Private Investigator, Keynote Speaker, and an Author.
“Fearless does not mean you aren’t afraid; it means you accept the fear and move forward anyway.”
17. Sharon is a wellness coach and supports people’s health and fitness Goals.
“ This too shall pass.”
18. Riana Trish is an author, can be seen at some fine-art photoshoots, working with some creative arts on producing music song, video, photograph, paintings, movie – to support in cancer awareness campaign, spreading hope.
“I am the proof that miracle does exists.”
19. Micha is an influential identity & has won several awards till now.
“I had cancer, cancer did not have me!”
20. Shilpa Aneja is a fitness enthusiast and takes part in beauty pageants.
“I thought I could and I did.”
21. Shannon works on a social mission to use fashion as the platform to spark the social change that restores humanity.
“KEEP IT MOVING and GET YOUR LIFE BACK.”
22. Michaela Jane is a Pagan Eclectic Witch, a Goth, website hobbyist, part-time casual blogger and gamer who loves cats, books, tech, life, the world, the universe.
“Live, laugh, love”
23. Adriana is a fitness enthusiast and mother of 4 lovely children.
“Whether you think you can, or you cannot, you are right.” -Henry Ford
24. Titaree Miharu has successfully defeated her disease and is now a yoga teacher.
“It does, what it does. If you feel not right just walk away.”
25. Daniela runs a German cancer awareness and motivation blog.
“ Open your eyes and go for it”
26. Catharina is a fitness enthusiast and is living life to the fullest.
“Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.”
27. Niki lives and happy & healthy life with her loved ones.
“You never know how strong you truly are until you go through something like this.”
28. Kere lives a happy & healthy life with her family and walked 5K to celebrate her victory.
“I may have cancer, but cancer will never have me!”
Join our breast cancer community to connect with others fighters, survivors, and caregivers.