Laurence Tureaud Cancer Survivor Story
- Laurence Tureaud professionally known as Mr. T was born on May 21st, 1952.
- He is an American actor and retired professional wrestler.
- He is known for his roles as B. A. Baracus in the series The A-Team and as boxer Clubber Lang in Rocky III.
- He was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma in 1995.
- After a month of treatment, he beat the lymphoma that time around.
- But unfortunately, cancer returned a year later.
- Then, he underwent several years of chemotherapy.
- Finally, he won the biggest battle of his life against the disease.
- Since then he has worked actively to raise awareness and funds for cancer.
- “‘Life is an endurance test. It’s not a fifty-yard sprint or a hundred-yard dash; it’s a marathon.”
- If he can do it, you can too.
More about T Cell Lymphoma
- NHL is a group of different lymphoid neoplasms with variable characteristics. Most NHLs, about 80-85%, arise from the B-cells while about 15% arise from T-cells or natural killer (NK) cells.
- T cell Lymphomas may be of many types as discussed in this article.
- Common symptoms of NHL include painless swelling of lymph nodes, enlarged spleen/liver, fever, night sweats, weight loss, etc
- Investigations for confirmation of diagnosis and staging include biopsy, Imaging and blood tests.
- T Cell Lymphoma treatment depends the type of NHL, stage of the disease, patient’s age, and performance status, along with other factors.