fbpx

Symptoms

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Colorectal Cancer Symptoms

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by JoeyUtah joeyutah 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    CancerLion
    cancerlion
    Participant

Absolutely get tested and do not take no for an answer. The flexible sigmoidoscopy is a good start but not a replacement for a colonoscopy. It really is a simple test once you get past the idea of it and it isn’t uncomfortable, I even went out to eat after each of mine. There are other things it can be such as hemorrhoids but please fight for a colonoscopy, it is the best way to ease your mind.

JoeyUtah
      joeyutah
      Participant

Yeah, thanks for you are advise. I also think colonoscopy is a good idea. I will definitely request my GP to go for it and see how it goes.

JoeyUtah
    joeyutah
    Participant

I am having pain during passing stools and blood in stools along with constipation for last few days. My age is 56 years. Could it be colorectal cancer? I have consulted my GP and he has advised me a sigmoidoscopy test. Can someone guide me on this? What should I literally do?

Linda
      linda
      Participant

Have you ever had a colonoscopy? If not, I would ask for that instead of the sigmoidoscopy. Colonoscopy examines the entire colon. The recommended age for colonoscopy is now 45 here in the USA (http://keranews.org/post/american-cancer-society-says-begin-colon-cancer-screening-45-not-50-heres-why). Talk it over with your doctors, I’m sure they will know what’s best. Don’t be afraid of the scope. Really the worst part is the prep (drinking the stuff which tastes gross). The rest is easy. I’m very afraid of medical procedures, and it wasn’t so bad.

There’s many things that can cause your symptoms so try not to worry before you know what the cause is. But definitely get it checked out. If you find out you have cancer, don’t panic. There is a lot they can do. I just had 1/3 of my colon removed 5 weeks ago because I had a 4.8 cm tumor. Before this, I never had a surgery or even a broken bone so I was afraid that I would not be able to cope – but I’ve been getting through it. You can get through it if you have to. But hopefully you will get good news and it won’t be cancer.

JoeyUtah
        joeyutah
        Participant

Now, I will definitely consult my doctors and see what is the main issue behind these symptoms. Thanks for sharing your experience @linda, it has really made me think to overcome my fears and face the reality. Hope you will do great too.

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Hii @joeyutah, please take reference from this video. Hope it helps. Take care!

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster
    Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.