fbpx

Symptoms

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Multiple myeloma Symptoms

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Teri teri 5 months ago.

• Author
    Favio
    favio
    Participant

I was feeling very weak and not feeling like doing anything for the last few months. I also had pain in my lower back which was initially bearable. But when I couldn’t bear it, I consulted the doctor. Then on repeated blood tests and imaging, I was finally diagnosed to have multiple myeloma. Now I have been started on treatment and feeling a lot better.

Teri
      teri
      Participant

@favio I’m currently on velcade and dexamethasone, but I initially was on cytoxin, velcade, and dexamethasone. It is my understanding that myeloma is never cured, but I am in remission. The current maintenance chemo should keep me in remission a long time but not forever. My experience with the maintenance chemo has been great. Aside from some fatigue, I’m feeling like my old self. Immediately after treatment, I can drive myself home and, after a nap, I’m all good. The inital treatment was a bit stronger, so I did lose some hair and have stomach issues. The same was true right after the stem cell transplant.

Teri
      teri
      Participant

Hi @favio I’m so happy to hear the treatment is working. I’ve been in treatment since diagnosis in Jan. 2017, so let me know if I can help.

Favio
        favio
        Participant

Hi @teri. Thanks for your consideration. On what treatment are you since 2017 and how has been your experience? Does it get cured with treatment?

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Hii @favio, please take a reference from this article – https://cancerbro.com/multiple-myeloma-symptoms/
      Hope it helps 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.