fbpx

Symptom

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Brain Cancer Symptom

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by MattDancho mattdancho 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Roseythebosslady
    roseythebosslady
    Participant

Hi I’m Rosey, I’ve been battling with Glioblastoma aka GBM. My symptoms were a bit similar to most of you. I started to feel severe migraines, nose bleed, nauseous, blur vision and faint spells. But, because I also suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia it’s a Facial Nerve Pain Disease that causes excruciating 😖 pain to the Head, face, cheek, jaw, teeth and sometimes the eyes and ears. Usually on one side of the face; which in my case it affects my left side frontal and Occipital Neuralgia. One day at work I dropped and i wake in ambulance 🚑 I seized and boom 💥 they ran testings at the ER and there was the tumor 😢

MattDancho
      mattdancho
      Participant

Very sorry to hear that @roseythebosslady. What was your course of treatment after you were diagnosed with GBM and how are you now?
      I was diagnosed with anaplastic astrocytoma (grade 3) and have underwent surgery for the same followed by radiation along with temozolamide.

MattDancho
    mattdancho
    Participant

I was having headache and vomiting for the past few weeks. Initially I thought it to be a routine headache due to stress and took painkillers. But when it continued to increase in intensity, doctor whom I consulted got an MRI done that showed a mass in my brain.

Justjen
      justjen
      Participant

My symptoms were very similar. I had a terrible headache in a very specific spot. I was so nauseous and could barely get out of bed or I would vomit. I went to my primary care twice and on the second visit he insisted on an MRI. That’s how we found my tumor.

MattDancho
        mattdancho
        Participant

So how was your journey thereafter @justjen? What was the diagnosis and what treatment did you receive for it?
        How are you now?

Justjen
        justjen
        Participant

I was diagnosed with a grade 2 (diffuse) astrocytoma. I had a resection followed by 25 sessions of radiation combined with oral chemo (Temodar). After that I did 8 months of Temodar. I took it 5 days per month. I have MRI scans every six months and have had no signs of regrowth in almost 4 years. My headache returned and have gotten worse but I looking for a solution with my medical team. The headaches returning is extremely atypical. There is no clear reason why mine did, so don’t think that will happen to you.

MattDancho
        mattdancho
        Participant

I hope everything remains fine with you @justjen. How is your headache now? I am also post surgery and radiation with temozolamide. Follow up scans are normal for now.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.