fbpx

Side Effects

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Brain Cancer Side Effects

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Jballin62 jballin62 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Jennibear
    jennibear
    Participant

I had a craniotomy in order too biopsy and resect portions of the tumor. I did not know before hand that it would leave me with a large indented scar in the middle of my forehead. Im wondering if anyone who has had a brain biopsy had a similar experience and has had luck reducing the scaring without the use of expensive artifical fillers (eg. Juvaderm)

Jballin62
      jballin62
      Participant

Scarring from surgery from my experience never got reduced. I guess it leaves a permanent mark especially when the opening was done in the head.

Jballin62
    jballin62
    Participant

How’s it going @justjen during my battles with brain cancer twice I’ve felt the same way as you are now. The hardest part is always what to expect during treatments. These are the moments you need to always keep in mind that you’re one of a kind cause it’s truly rare to find an individual who’s gone through so much and yet survived. Let these tragic moments be the inspiration for what you can possibly become. The demands from our dreams are nothing compared to the demands from our worst moments. I solely believe that you got this and you’re meant for all possibilities.

Justjen
    justjen
    Participant

My tumor was in my right frontal lobe, which isn’t the worst place. My side effects really are that once I get upset and crying it is really hard to stop. I just can’t control it. I did some therapy to learn coping skills to stop before I get that far. I also have issues with word finding. The biggest thing I feel like stems from my tumor is my chronic headaches. Every day I have horrible headaches exactly where my tumor was. I get photosensitive and nauseous. I’ve tried so many treatments and haven’t found the right one yet. What are your side effects? How do you compensate for them?

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Hii @justjen, really sorry to know that you have to go through all this stuff on your own. You are not alone in this, we all are here for you. Keep yourself strong and believe in the power of thoughts along with your treatments. Praying for your quick recovery.

Norway85
        norway85
        Participant

My tumor aa3 was also right frontal lobe. Removed 11.october 2017 . I have family headache and nausea,dizzy and some eyepain.
        Done with 33 radiotherapy treatments and 6months with temodar

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.