fbpx

Side Effects

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Uterine Cancer Side Effects

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Hannah hannah 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Hannah
    hannah
    Participant

I am 42 year old female, recently underwent hysterectomy and removal of both ovaries for endometrial cancer few months back. Since then, I am not feeling well and having weight gain. Also, I am irritable and have intermittent mood swings. Is it normal?

Sena
      sena
      Participant

I would say it’s normal for most women, especially if you haven’t already been through menopause. Besides the trauma of surgery, your body is being affected by the loss of hormones. My oncologist and surgeon both told me to expect to not feel well or back to “normal” for at least a year. I remember getting ready to go in to visit with my oncologist almost a year to the day from surgery and physically I felt better than I had in a long time. Mentally and emotionally, I still have difficult days and I expect that I always will but in relation to surgery/cancer, those days seem to be less and less as I get further out. Weight is an issue with me as well. I do exercise a lot more than I used to and as much as I hate it, it has helped me not only physically, but mentally as well. It’s hard, but I think you really have to put your self care first as much as possible. I hope you feel better with each passing day!

Hannah
        hannah
        Participant

Thanks for sharing your journey @sena. I am also joining yoga classes from tomorrow to keep myself physically and emotionally fit. Apart from that, I am also planning to read books to keep myself calm during the tough time. Hope you are doing okay dear!

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.