fbpx

Psychological | Emotional

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Gastric Cancer Psychological | Emotional

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Breyon breyon 2 months ago.

• Author
    Breyon
    breyon
    Participant

My grandpa left us alone last night. He was fighting metastatic stomach cancer which spread to his brain. Finally, he don’t have to feel the pain any more. We are relaxed by this fact and sad at the same time. He used to love me so much. He will always remain alive in my heart and memories. Fuck cancer!!!

Trevor
    trevor
    Participant

Hello gastric cancer squad members, I have been recently diagnosed with stage 2 stomach cancer. I haven’t told it to my family yet. I don’t have the courage to tell them. It really scares me how my family will take the news. Any suggestion to share the news with my family in a less disturbing manner!

Ranebow
    ranebow
    Participant

Hey guys, my name is Rane – I’m a 45-year-old guy living in Melbourne Australia. About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with stomach cancer, and in October of 2015 my stomach was completely removed. I found yoga and meditation helped me immensely in my recovery, and I just wanted to let you guys know that though it’s a very scary journey, things can get better 😀 Here is a picture of me from just a few months ago https://www.instagram.com/p/BgSi6yRHlXM/?taken-by=ranelovesyoga

Harrry
      harrry
      Participant

Hey @ranebow my dad has been recently diagnosed with gastric cancer. Are you a survivor?

Ranebow
        ranebow
        Participant

Yes I am – 3 years post total gastrectomy in October!

Harrry
        harrry
        Participant

Good to know @ranebow that you kicked cancer out of your life. My father has also been diagnosed. Can you please share some tips to take a good care of him?

Ranebow
        ranebow
        Participant

Hey Harry, just give him as much support as you can.
        The treatment is scary, and it is tough for the first few weeks after the surgery, but it does
        get better. Small frequent meals are the way to go after surgery.
        Yoga and meditation helped me through the recovery as well.

Harrry
        harrry
        Participant

That will help a lot. I will keep in touch in future to get some more tips from you. Thanks @ranebow 🙂

Harrry
    harrry
    Participant

We recently found out that my dad (56) is suffering from stomach cancer. He got diagnosed with early screen but me and mom are still pretty scared. I can’t see him in pain and go through that horrible treatment. Have any one been in similar situation? How can I keep my cool and take my daddy out of this trouble?

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.