fbpx

Psychological | Emotional

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Multiple myeloma Psychological | Emotional

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Daledupree daledupree 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Daledupree
    daledupree
    Participant

My father who is in his 50s right now has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma. He was quite healthy and didn’t even see any symptoms and he was unexpectedly diagnosed with stage 2 multiple myeloma. I don’t know but for no reason I just can’t accept this fact. I can’t allow cancer to take him away from me. Cancer cant take away the happiness of my family.

Teri
      teri
      Participant

Hi @daledupree, I’m so sorry to hear about your father. I will be thinking about you and your family. Please do know that multiple myeloma is not a death sentence. I was diagnosed with the most advanced stage in Jan. 2017 and, after high dose chemo and a stem cell transplant late last year, I’m feeling great. I still will need chemo every other week forever, but it’s really easy to tolerate at this time and I’ve returned to work. While there will be some challenges along this way, this cancer does not have to take your happiness away. @teri

Daledupree
        daledupree
        Participant

I also hope and pray for my father. Our family has been taking good care of him from mentally fitness to treatments. We are not leaving any stone unturned to support him and make him feel strong from inside and outside. Good to know that you survived this cancer. I hope my father will be able to do the same! Amen!

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Hii @daledupree, really sorry to know that your father has to go through all this. We know it is easier said than done but still we have to accept life as it comes our way. We pray from God to bless your family with strength to overcome this hurdle and bless your father with good health!

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.