fbpx

Psychological | Emotional

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Lymphoma Psychological | Emotional

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Katie katie 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Nicolemunoz801
    nicolemunoz801
    Participant

Hi again @katie 🙂 I am a two-time survivor (Hodgkin’s Lymphoma & Ewing’s Sarcoma). I am glad things are getting better during this tough time. I totally relate to it being a unique life experience. My family and I had no relation or connection to cancer until I was diagnosed. You just have to learn and try your best as you go through it, that’s all we can do! Love to you and your family! <3

Katie
      katie
      Participant

@nicolemunoz801 – Really happy to know that you are a 2x cancer survivor. You are truly inspirational. I wish and pray that my aunt also survive this cancer just like you. Sending my best wishes to you and your family ❤

Nicolemunoz801
    nicolemunoz801
    Participant

I have had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and Ewing’s Sarcoma. I had to have a hysterectomy as part of my treatment. I lost my fertility when I was 23. I am 26 now and the experience is still so new and I am still grieving. It has affected me on so many levels: physically, emotionally, and psychologically. If anybody else struggles with infertility, I ask that you please reach out to me. It has been hard finding support for this.

Katie
    katie
    Participant

Recently, my aunt who lives with me for now around 2 years has been diagnosed with stage 2 non-hodgkins lymphoma. It is a very shocking and sad news for me and my family, and of course, her! She is a very loving person and it really breaks my heart to see her in so much pain. I have never ever taken care of any ill person before and I am really scared to do it for my aunt – what if I am unable to take a good care of her.
    Can anyone please share some tips to better take care of my aunt? Any person who has been in similar situation of inexperienced caregiving?

Nicolemunoz801
      nicolemunoz801
      Participant

Hi Katie! I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. I cannot relate on a caregiver level, however, I can let you know my thoughts from a fighter/survivor level. When I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma at age 16, it was a shock and brand new experience for my family and I as well. We all had to learn how to get through this experience, and doing it together was the best way. Just seeing my family and friends try to take care of me on so many levels (physically, emotionally, etc.) meant so much to me. There was also people that simply drifted away because they could not handle it. So know that by you being there means so much to your aunt. I wish you all the best, and I am always here to support you!

Katie
        katie
        Participant

Hii @nicolemunoz801, thanks for showing concern and supporting us in this tough time. For the very past few weeks, I have been learning a lot about caregiving. I have joined a lot of groups on Facebook and sites like CancerBro to get help and support. This is quite a unique life experience for me. First of all, I was very nervous but things did go quite terribly sometimes but I am quite happy that I am getting better day by day. Much love and hugs 🙂 Are you a survivor?

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.