fbpx

Prevention | Risk Factors

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Lymphoma Prevention | Risk Factors

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Christabel christabel 5 months ago.

• Author
    Nicolemunoz801
    nicolemunoz801
    Participant

Hi everyone! I had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and Ewing’s Sarcoma. I was wondering if some of you can share things you do that can help contribute to preventing future illness/side effects? I understand that there is no magical way to 100% avoid recurring illness/side effects. It took me some time to accept that, but I am always open to suggestions! 🙂

Christabel
    christabel
    Participant

I was diagnosed with DLBCL and luckily, I am disease free now. But what bothers me is why did I have the disease even when I was living a fairly normal life with regular exercise and healthy eating habits.

Nicolemunoz801
      nicolemunoz801
      Participant

Hi christabel! Can you tell me what DLBCL is? I had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I can relate feeling a similar way. I was living a “normal” life as well. Cancer did not run in my family (besides prostate cancer) and everyone in my immediate family was healthy. I was the only person sick often that eventually led to cancer. It is easy for us ask “why” and it can drive you crazy! I think it is important to be mindful not to think too much into that though. So many people are unfortunately diagnosed with cancer, even if it doesn’t seem like it directly around us!

Christabel
        christabel
        Participant

Hi @nicolemunoz801. DLBCL is diffuse large B Cell lymphoma, which is a type of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Thanks for your lovely advise and i am trying to follow exactly that. I have started doing yoga and meditation regularly and started to cherish all the positive things in my life rather than dwelling in my past. And Yes, many a times there is no cause for cancer. We never know what’s going on inside of our body. Stay blessed and happy. Best wishes.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.