fbpx

Investigations

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Soft Tissue Sarcoma Investigations

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Mikeylikey mikeylikey 1 month ago.

• Author
    Chrislambert
    chrislambert
    Participant

Hii, from the last two weeks I have felt this spot on my thigh. The spot is about one and half inches in diameter but it is not visible. If you touch it, then you can feel it. Can it be something like a sarcoma?

Mikeylikey
      mikeylikey
      Participant

It is most likely not sarcoma or cancer. Unless you have other symptoms (swelling, pain, tenderness, warm to the touch, bruising etc.) a tumor that can be felt so close to the skins surface and has just been noticed like you stated is rarely a tumor at all. It most likely is a fatty deposit, cyst or other benign tissue formation. If you need closure immediately, an x-ray should suffice. A CT scan is preferable if you have a history of sarcoma though. Hope this helped, good luck!

Shellywilber
    shellywilber
    Participant

I had abdominal distension and fullness for the few weeks. CT scan showed a large mass in the retroperitoneal area. Biopsy from the mass showed leiomyosarcoma. Thankfully it had not spread elsewhere. I received chemotherapy and the mass rapidly reduced in size and could be removed with surgery.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.