fbpx

Investigations

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Multiple myeloma Investigations

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Bonesbrigade bonesbrigade 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
    JanetLawton
    janetlawton
    Participant

The internet says age 65 to 70 for the average age of onset for MM. I’m 45 and was diagnosed recently. Any others here diagnosed very young like me?

Bonesbrigade
      bonesbrigade
      Participant

Yep, I’m 33 was diagnosed in August last year aged 32. Finished first round of chemo about a month ago and getting a stem cell transplant this month.

ChristiBC
    christibc
    Participant

Hi everyone! My 72 year old dad was just diagnosed today. Any advice or things you could tell me about this disease would be so helpful. Thank you!

Myron
    myron
    Participant

I was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma which was confirmed after routine blood tests, protein electrophoresis and immunofixation. There was an M spike and bone marrow biopsy showed increased plasma cells. Also I have multiple lesions in my vertebrae and other bones.

Teri
      teri
      Participant

Hi @myron, Has the doctor talked to you about your treatment plan? I was diagnosed in Jan 2017. @teri

Myron
        myron
        Participant

Hi. Yes doctor has planned to start me on some oral tablets and an injection bortezomib. He told this treatment will be started soon and will continue for a few months after which some tests will be done again to see the response. I hope everything goes well. Thanks @teri.

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Hii @myron, please take a reference from this article.

Hope it helps!

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.