fbpx

Investigations

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Lymphoma Investigations

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by MattHaag matthaag 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Nicolemunoz801
    nicolemunoz801
    Participant

Did anybody else get a misdiagnosis before the official Lymphoma diagnosis? My main symptom was severe chest pain. I was initially diagnosed with pleurisy (a chest infection) in November 2008. I was given steroid medication which took the pain away for a few months. Once the pain returned, more testing was done as well as 2 biopsies that discovered the Lymphoma.

MattHaag
    matthaag
    Participant

I had swellings in my neck for which I consulted my doctor. Thereafter, I was subjected to many tests including blood tests and biopsy. Biopsy showed it to be non-hodgkin’s lymphoma. And CT scan showed lymph nodes at multiple sites in my body. I have recently been started on chemotherapy for the same. Anyone else who has experience with this? Will I be cured of this?

Nicolemunoz801
      nicolemunoz801
      Participant

Hi again matthaag and hello blondebeck1983! I went through a misdiagnosis of pleurisy for about 3 months before I was officially diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I did 3 cycles of ABVD chemotherapy and 28 sessions of radiation and have been cancer-free from the Lymphoma since June 2009. I know many people with both Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s and all of them successfully finished treatment and were cured. I hope that gives you some hope! 🙂

MattHaag
        matthaag
        Participant

It gives me a lot of hope indeed. And that’s what is required the most at present and it’s great to hear that you know so many people who have been cured of the disease. Support from friends and family is what’s required the most at present.
        Thanks a lot @nicolemunoz801 🙂

BlondeBeck1983
      blondebeck1983
      Participant

I never had visible swollen lymph nodes. My symptoms were fever, cough, shortness of breath, weight loss. It took a few months, a wrong diagnosis of asthma to finally find Hodgkins. I ended up with pneumonia which warranted a chest x-ray to diagnose. It was the x-ray which showed extra issues so a CT was ordered followed by a biopsy. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin’s lymphoma October 2017. I am now cancer free after 6 months of ABVD chemo.

I don’t know much about the treatment and such of non-hodgkins. Try to stay positive, follow your doctors orders for lifestyle, diet, etc.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.