fbpx

Investigation

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Brain Cancer Investigation

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Ashlee ashlee 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Ashlee
    ashlee
    Participant

My mother has just been diagnosed with Giloblastoma multiforme high grade tumor. She started noticing the symptoms 6 weeks ago and underwent surgery yesterday to get rid of the tumor. Doctors got the major part of the tumor out and we are waiting on CT scan and MRI results. While searching more about the disease, I read a lot the 5 years survival rate is very less. Can anyone share some light on this as the doctors won’t tell me anything until the tissue results come back. Thanks a lot.

JasonScott
    jasonscott
    Participant

Quite terrified to ask this, last night my wife returned from hospital and told me that there is a tumor on her right lobe. Doctors are thinking that it might be malignant. Our world has come crashing down. What is the prognosis for this type of cancer? She wasn’t given a clear view as they will do more tests this week.

Justjen
    justjen
    Participant

Before I was diagnosed I suddenly started having long, painful headaches unlike anything I had previously experienced. I was very nauseous and had to miss work quite a bit. I went to my primary care and at first he thought they were migraines but when I came back a week later with the same problem he suggested an MRI. I got the scan and there was “something” in my brain that wasn’t enhancing definitely enough to call it a tumor. We spent 6 weeks with a neurologist chasing down other possibilities before coming back to the idea that it was a tumor. My neurosurgeon asked if I would like a biopsy but I declined and opted for a resection. I had the surgery and my tissue had to be sent to Johns Hopkins for further examination. It came back as a diffuse (grade 2) astrocytoma.

JonStein
      jonstein
      Participant

I think people should be very vigilant if they get any symptoms related to brain or in fact any part of the body. Treatment on time may make a big difference. I hope all the best for your future journey @justjen. May God bless you.

JonStein
    jonstein
    Participant

For last few months, I had some difficulty in walking and had some loss of coordination. I kept on ignoring it and continued to live as such. But when I consulted a doctor as it became disabling, he got an MRI done that showed a mass in my brain. It was removed incompletely and came as anaplastic astrocytoma.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.