fbpx

Introductions

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Soft Tissue Sarcoma Introductions

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Cancer_bro cancer_bro 1 day, 19 hours ago.

• Author
    Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new member

@yaeli, @sadierae09, @cazareena, @artkistler, @armayn, @jenntrant, @mommashorse, @lesley, and @tam

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members –

@chrislambert, @lanell, @distractedhedgehog, @bru1, @pamb, @mikeylikey, @terence333, @paulol, @defyingoddity, @kater831, @southbaygal, @jaderbug1, @bulldog, @robzedmetcalfe, @hopejoy91, @charles, @sallystew, @angiewieneke, @charlie, @tammy, @neenama, @joske, @kkon5412, @royasnroyal, @catlean, and @amcglaughlin

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Angiewieneke
    angiewieneke
    Participant

Hello! My name is Angie and I am Evan’s mom. Evan was recently diagnosed with an extraskeletal osteosarcoma. The tumor is out with surgery for what we thought was a lipoma, and then resection to get negative margins. His doctors are stumped because this tumor is so rare, but usually presents itself in older males. Evan’s tumor was intermediate grade and not aggressive, which leaves them unsure of how to treat. They have decided on starting radiation the first of this year. He has his first scans in two days. We are praying for clean scans. We live in Columbus Indiana and Evan is being treated by an amazing team at Indiana University Health (Riley). I’m just trying to learn as much as I can for my sweet Evan!

Robzedmetcalfe
    robzedmetcalfe
    Participant

Hey everyone, thank you for introducing me to this forum. In October this year I was diagnosed with Synovial Sarcoma of the Pleura. Iv had 25 sessions of radiotherapy and on January 30th 2019 I’m having a thoracotamy to remove my primary tumour, part of my top lobe of my left lung and some ribs. They are also investigating if I have more tumours adjacent to my pericardium, they may be post operative fluid build ups from my last op or tumours but only surgery will tell. Looking forward to getting this all over and done with 🤞🏻.

Jaderbug14
    jaderbug14
    Participant

Hello! I’m a mother to a baby boy, Mavrick, who was diagnosed with a very rare form of stage 3 embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma at the age of 3 almost 4 months. He just hit remission now 1 years old and has his second scans at the end of January. Next Thursday is his last dose of chemotherapy!!

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members

@kathompson, @antoinette, @becky, @brandilbenson, @heidegabriella, @kimandkee, @patti, @abby, @blissgirl3, @noblev92, @bh10890, @goobiemac, @dvibetribe, and @shlederman.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@bryce08, @melisaprita, @mary73, @louise, and @ewingsarcomafyou

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@228mississippigirl, @jom, @efegena, @xenamarie, @missmoonie, @mamaconorico, @kgreiner58, @fosterchild7, @jabt, @ade1981, @linamoon, @stupidsarcoma, and @em_destin_4_greatness.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@heartsofsteel1, @barbieherron, @imcristal16, @eddybrowns, and @faithd.

Sjohnso4
    sjohnso4
    Participant

Hello Thank You For Adding Me.
    I’m a Single Mother Of 2 Young Girls. I’ve Been Dealing With UPS (Unidentified Phelomic Sarcoma) For 8 Years. I Was Diagnosed In 2010 Six Months After I Gave Birth To My First Child. 4 Recurrences, 5 Surgeries, Radiation & Chemotherapy Later. My Cancer Ended With The Amputation Of My Whole Right Leg. Jan 12, 2018. Thank You For Reading My Story.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@lhayden07, @jamie, @sjohnso4, @soti, @zariamac, @simonfam3, @gemini1769, @morgan1985, @casims, @tonjahaspurpose, @gordy, and @priyankabanga.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Simonfam3
    simonfam3
    Participant

Hi my name is Rose I’m 29 I was diagnosed with liposarcoma back in 2015. My liposarcoma was not aggressive so surgery was enough to remove my cancer. This year 2018 in may/June I found out it was back. And aggressive so they have me doing chemo, radiation and then surgery. I’m currently in my 4th cycle with the red devil. I’ve had ct scans done and the tumor hasnt shrinked…. my doctors are at lost since my liposarcoma is in my stomach/abdominal area and it’s really aggressive. Is there anyone with liposarcoma that can give me more in site???

Huntergirl74
    huntergirl74
    Participant

Hi all! My name is Lori from Canada and I was diagnosed with Fibroblastic Sarcoma in February 2018 following the removal of a large lump off the top of my foot/ankle area. I had been having trouble with my foot for 3 years before anyone finally took me seriously and removed the spot, only to find out it was cancer, and it had even started to invade the bone on the top of my foot. I had limb-saving surgery March 7th and have been learning to reuse my foot since then. It’s been interesting for sure, but have seen so very many blessings throughout my journey. A recent CT scan showed significant soft tissue changes…again…. so a biopsy was done and even after doing genetic markings, they still aren’t able to tell if it’s just weird scar tissue or if the cancer has returned in this short period of time. So, now I wait for my repeat MRI coming up next week to compare and see. The next step would be amputation, so I’m praying that it’s just scar tissue. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@lejj, @unicornmelissa83, @mlarr, @ejallen, @huntergirl74, @gemini7747, @chelseahoney, @ajhj1204, @clemmieb, @lolo, @ceegeez, @cncrsks27, @rezil, @erurainia, and @1dlbray80.

Erurainia
    erurainia
    Participant

Hi, my name is Shauna. I was diagnosed in 2016 aged 21. My family was not very well and highly stressed, so to avoid making things worse I didn’t tell them I found a lump aged 13. 7 years later my now fiance convinced me to get help.
    Now at age 24 I have been on treatment for Fibromatosis, an extremely rare type of sarcoma that is rare in my age bracket, rare in my sex, rare in the size it’s in and rare in general. Lucky me haha.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@tinkychestnut, @wordie, @dfsp_unicorn, @reneeslayssarcoma, and @lschro.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new community members – @abdel, @jthomp, @carmen4, @norman225, @megan_magee, @rakelsoryente, and @ewing_sarcoma_babe.

We kindly request all new members to post an intro so that we all can know more about you 🙂

Dfsp_unicorn
      dfsp_unicorn
      Participant

Hi there! I am from Alberta, Canada, and I was diagnosed with Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans in April of this year. For more details about that, please read my profile.

Always glad to find support groups like this! 🙂

Norman225
    norman225
    Participant

Hello! My name is Chaz. I was diagnosed in March of 2018 with Stage 4 Spindle Cell Soft Tissue Sarcoma Cancer. My journey actually began long before I was diagnosed as I had several lumps appear on my body in various places. I went to a dermatologist to get a diagnosis of the lumps that were painless and was told by a physicians assistant that my lumps were Lipomas. This diagnosis was done based off of sight and touch as no biopsies were taken. I left the dermatologist office with confidence that I had nothing to worry about. At this same time I developed a severe cough that would come and go; only it never would go completely away. After several weeks of taking over the counter cold medication the cough only worsened. Finally on March 3, 2018 I asked my wife to take me to Urgent Care to get it seen about. A chest xray was done and the Dr. showed me an xray of normal lungs and then my xray. My xray looked like I had snow in my lungs. I was sent to the ER for a follow up CT Scan and the results of that confirmed the snow in my lungs as well as a large mass on my left Kidney and lesions on my liver. I met my oncologist and was sent for a biopsy and then a PET scan. The PET Scan showed that my “Lipomas” were actually cancerous tumors. On March 20, 2018 my official diagnosis was stage 4 STS – spindle cell. I began my regiment of chemo and immune therapy. After round 4 I had a follow up PET Scan. The scan showed positive results! My lumps had disappeared and my mass on my kidney and the lesions had shrank. I have finished my last round of chemo (Anthracycline) and I will continue on immune therapy indefinitely. I am finally gaining my energy back. I have never been one to be sick and at 63 years old I was not taking any type of prescription medication. I proudly served 24 years in the US Army and was deployed three times in my military career. I served in the Gulf War. I am currently married and reside in Georgia.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members with prayers, hugs, and much love.

@shellywilber, @mariec, @teacher0629, @pastybland, and @bebe_oki.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Teacher0629
    teacher0629
    Participant

I’m a liposarcoma survivor. I’m on my third year of being cancer free. 🎉Would love to hear about others who have fought this very rare cancer.

Chantelsoumis
      chantelsoumis
      Participant

Congrats on defeating this cancer and being an inspiration. I was diagnosed with synovial sarcoma of my right knee. Thankfully, I am in remission now. Cheers 😁🙏

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new community members –

@perpetualmorningperson, @concernedmom, @cancersavedmylife, @thediaryofjs, @shellywilber, and @chantelsoumis.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.