fbpx

Introductions

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Head and Neck Cancer Introductions

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Cancer_bro cancer_bro 1 day, 18 hours ago.

• Author
    Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new member – @maemaep23,

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members –

@kelliec, @mikeylikey, @defyingoddity, @mluce768, @kgk, and @kaysanderson

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Kaysanderson
    kaysanderson
    Participant

Hey everyone I’m 27 and a 4 year survivor. I had stage 3 nasopharyngeal carcinoma.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members

@bob, @becky, @molinathept, @flachusnret, @doorman, @esme9910, @ilovemyoreo, and @amount1231.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members – @naushad.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@sammysamala09, @snoexpress, @survivor215, @oliver5, @soydelicioso, @tenntate12, and @maremare.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@misstrawberry34 and @warrior4ever

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@maryross and @meryhelen.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our Head and Neck Cancer squad captain – @heavy_metal_kettle

Kindly, introduce yourself to other community members so that they can reach out to you when they are seeking support.

A wonderful community is built on the pillars of amazing people like our captains who accepted our invite to volunteer and help as many fighters as possible.

We are honored and glad that they are now a part of our community 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@chordomamom, @reneeslayssarcoma, and @heavy_metal_kettle.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new community members – @sheila53, @jroachford, @thyroid_consciousness, and @bagarcia2370.

We kindly request all new members to post an intro so that we all can know more about you 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our squad captain – @benjamin.

A wonderful community is built on the pillars of amazing people like our captains who accepted our invite to volunteer and help as many fighters as possible.

We are honored and glad that they are now a part of our community 🙂

Theanarchris
    theanarchris
    Participant

I’m Chris. 41 now. I’m just about to complete my 5 years post treatment and cancer free. I was stage 4-0-2.
    survivable. I also wanted to welcome any questions or concerns, from symptoms to effects, physical or emotional.

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your journey. Happy to know that you are cancer free for a very long time. We pray for your continued health 🙂

Benjamin
    benjamin
    Participant

Good morning everyone sorry for the delayed responding, I’ve been on a journey to my new home in Bisbee Arizona. My name is Benjamin Prewitt and I’m a survivor of squema sarcoma found internally in my throat, lymph and left lung. It’s an honor to be here and meet, share, encourage and grieve with all of you here. If in any way my vouc or experience can give you some rest and peace through your process of cancer I’m here for you. I beat stage 3-4 cancer to come back to young onset Parkisons disease dx at 39 pwp dx cancer 46 much love always. Benjamin find me on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram.

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Hii @benjamin, thanks for sharing your inspiring journey and being the captain of our community 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members of Head and Neck cancer squad with love and prayers –

@aak16, @anthony, @lilly, @caveman59, @mabarns, @imti, @benjamin, @marivin21, @dee, @gregg, @mwe41, and @susan50.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Aak16
    aak16
    Participant

Hi, all. I’m Ashley and I’m 31 years old. Last year I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma on my vocal cords. I had 29 radiation treatments but the cancer was back 6 months later. In March I had a partial laryngectomy and it was discovered that I actually had mucoepidermoid carcinoma, not SCC. Within 4 months the cancer was back again. Right now I’m waiting to schedule a total laryngectomy, probably sometime in September.

Shrenik.shah2015
    shrenik-shah2015
    Participant

Warm Greetings all #Readers !
    I am #Cancer #Winner in 21st year (voice box-vocal folds cancer stage IV A) & #Motivational #Speaker from India. Since 1997 I am speaking with Electro Larynx with Sharp clearly audible sound. Motivating Cancer Patients & care givers is my #mission & have privilege to digitally connect with #12k Ca patients Worldwide. I have numerous sessions of counseling cancer patients on one to one basis.I am announced as MVP #Champion & #Ambassador by #CancerAid no.1 digital app in USA UK AUSTRALIA.
    Please explore my video link :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVc3gzPVF7NaSUnY2sHdy45a5RohsDRQ/view?usp=drivesdk
    & “Dedicated to the Will to Win” FB link :
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=252496035381156&id=226666391297454
    & following other links for more information :
    http://www.shrenikshah2110.com http://www.facebook.com/shrenik.shah.355 http://speakerhub.com/speaker/shrenik-shah-0 http://www.linkedin.com/in/shrenik-shah-15459571 http://twitter.com/shrenikshah2110
    http://instagram.com/cancerwinnershrenik

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members of Head and Neck Cancer Squad –

@brutuspomp, @ralph, @concernedmom, @katrina04, @stefania, @issacmosto, @shimon, @anthonymurphy, @nancywaples, @shrenik-shah2015, @thissideup, @jduncan1951, and @johnvav.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Blondierach
    blondierach
    Participant

Hi, I am Rachel and I am 35 years old. In November last year I found a small round, hard lump in my neck. Ironically I found the lump a week after I had competed in a charity boxing event for Cancer Research UK. In January I had some tests and scans and by February I was told I had cancer. I had an operation to take biopsy from my left tonsil and other areas in my mouth. Results were that left tonsil was primary site and had also spread to lymph nodes in neck. I then had a neck dissection removing left tonsil, lymph nodes and anything that got in the surgeons way. One week later I woke in middle of the night to find I had a very large and serious bleed which resulted in me being in life support in Intensive Care Unit for 3-4 days and then further time spent on ward in hospital. I have since had 6 weeks of radiotherapy Mon-Fri alomg with chemotherapy every Tuesday for those 6 weeks. The treatment ended mid June this year. I have my PET scan on 6th September to see if treatment has worked. So it’s been a roller-coaster 2018 so far!!!!

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Hii @blondierach, thanks for sharing your experiences here. We hope and pray for your positive test results. Keep spreading awareness and inspiring others 🙂

Lbstover
    lbstover
    Participant

I wanted to introduce myself and let you all know I’m happy to help and support anyone else here! I’m a 46 year old pediatrician who had tongue cancer diagnosed 5 years ago. I’m a non-smoker and was HPV negative, so no one knows why I got this. I had multiple procedures and full treatment including a radical neck dissection, resection of tongue lesion and radiation and cisplatin chemotherapy. It was the biggest hell of my life but I am cancer free for 4 years now and despite some residual mild side effects, feel great! Am happy to talk about my experience with any of the above. I was treated at UCSD Moore’s Cancer Center. Cancer changed how I looked at life and I am just very happy to be alive!

Cancer_bro
      cancer_bro
      Keymaster

Thanks @lbstover for sharing your inspiring journey. Keep up the good work always 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.