fbpx

Introductions

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Leukaemia Introductions

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Cancer_bro cancer_bro 6 days, 16 hours ago.

• Author
    Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members

@3156, @giuseppe, @florean, and @lawopp.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Participant

I’m a husband, father, and grandfather.

I’m a three-time, 31-year, cancer survivor, living with late effects of radiation and chemotherapy.

Dx with Hodgkin’s lymphoma: 1987 and 1989. CLL (chronic lymphocyte leukemia): 1991-1996.

Glen

Beautiful_baldie
    beautiful_baldie
    Participant

Hello everyone I’m Shelby and this is my introduction I guess☺️ I was diagnosed with AML leukaemia on November 14th 2017 with the FLT-3 mutation. I had a bone marrow transplant on January 24th of 2018, and I recovered… eventually lol.

However, in August of that same year I relapsed.😞 So I started a trial drug for several months that didn’t end up working😓

Now I am in and out of the hospital almost every day, on the rare chance I am not admitted. The doctors have pretty much told me that there are only a few options for me but they are unlikely to work. The lead hematologist has even said the dreaded words “our goal is to make you comfortable”.😑

Now I’m kind of stuck in a limbo state not knowing weather to give it my all or do the things that make me happy and fulfilled until my time comes😣

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new member

@rae, @beautiful_baldie, and @maka.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new member – @nicolemarsh and @zion_fit1021

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members –

@domingquez85, @zulyan, @mommasomm, @buckeye59, @fairlessfly, @chasewins, @teamsupermarrow, @machanna90, @bonesbrigade, @nickyismyname, and @survivorgirl2004.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members:

@taylorlynn25, @toughdiamond, @becky, @kareninardh, @alvhane28, and @alteredstelleto919

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members: @mishasakharoff

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@jimmy65018, @suslsmith, and @ellasfight.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@jaycee_82, @juliet, and @bossross1.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@mita and @mona

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@richiburke, @morillo, and @spotter94.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@tonisurvived, @leah89, @taylorlarkin, and @lauren908.

Taylorlarkin
    taylorlarkin
    Participant

My name is Taylor. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia when I was 11 years old I got all of the strange side affects from the chemotherapys. I was on treatment for two and a half years. I am now almost 16 years old and two years off treatment. I have just recently been able to play sports again and run and do normal things again.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new community members – @osshhyyy, @courteneasgoldenretreat, and @zipu

We kindly request all new members to post an intro so that we all can know more about you 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our captains – @oliviamaay and @courageousthrucancer.

A wonderful community is built on the pillars of amazing people like our captains who accepted our invite to volunteer and help as many fighters as possible. We are honored and glad that they are now a part of our community 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members with much love, support, and prayers –

@kelly, @waynemassey, @sunrisedaisy, @jana, @alan, @a399450, and @ashcollins.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new Leukemia Squad members –

@sawankumar, @oliviamaay, @brontepalmer, @karenmarkle, @kevinshank, @courageousthrucancer, @cameronsr, @mareo, @susan, @brody, @abdonv, @godspatriot, @tigger2, @kerry, @fightfor20, @chas, @ataywaller, and @pschoenb.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Cameronsr
      cameronsr
      Participant

Hello, my name is Cameron Cottrell i am a cancer survivor i have been cancer free for 20 years i had to go through chemo therapy, blood transfusions, bone marrow and spinal taps as a kid and that was a tough fight but i thank God i made it through and for having a strong support system

Abdonv
      abdonv
      Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Veronica. I was diagnosed with B-Cell All Ph- in October 2016. I’ve never had any health issues, ate well and exercised regularly. I was considered healthy. I found out that I was sick thanks to the labs that were drawn during my first prenatal visit with our first child. I was strongly advised to terminate my pregnancy , but due to my own personal beliefs and knowing that treatment could affect my fertility, after speaking with my hematology and BMT team, along with the high risk OB team, I chose to continue with my pregnancy. They hit me with the same chemo regimen as any other person with the exception of methotrexate which they substituted with cytarabine although I did receive methotrexate once the baby was born. I’ve had about a dozen different chemotherapy medications, blincyto, several rounds of full body radiation and a double cord transplant. My daughter was born at 26 weeks, and we celebrated her first birthday in January and my first “re-Birthday” in March.

Oliviamaay
      oliviamaay
      Participant

hello, I’m Olivia 23 years old and fought AML with chemo, radio and transplant 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.