fbpx

Introductions

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Colorectal Cancer Introductions

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Cancer_bro cancer_bro 2 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author
    Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Letโ€™s welcome our new members

@kate, @vsype, and @sunnshine.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better ๐Ÿ™‚

Vsype
    vsype
    Participant

Hello. My name is Victoria, I was diagnosed at 29. I’m married with one child and live in New Mexico. Here is my background in chronological order.
    8/17/17: Hospitalized for large bowel obstruction
    9/1/17: Colonoscopy
    9/8/17: Diagnosed with Stage IV Colon Cancer of Signet Ring Cell Adenocarcinoma
    9/18/17: Started Folfox
    12/13/17: Had Hipec Surgery
    1/16/18: Ct Scan revealed cancer is still present in body
    1/23/18: Resume Folfox treatment and Avastin
    4/17/18: Last chemo treatment
    4/24/18: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction
    5/1/18: Was supposed to begin chemo maintenance, Xeloda, but paused because of being hospitalized
    5/15/18: Ct Scan
    5/21/18: Colonoscopy
    5/25/18: I’m found to be NED!
    9/24/18: Ct Scan, cancer has returned in my liver.
    9/27/18: Hipec surgeon disagrees with radiology impression.
    10/10/18: Oncologist prefers conservative route and recommends chemotherapy. Also has me apply to a clinical trial.
    10/24/18: Start FOLFIRI treatment and avastin, only made the controlled side of trial thus no additional drug.
    12/17/18: Ct scan reveals cancer reduced 3%
    12/27/18: Surgeon still is not convinced its cancer. His opinion is it is scar tissue from his work on my diaphragm that lays on the liver.
    1/2/19: 6th cycle of treatment

Thanks.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Letโ€™s welcome our new community members โ€“

@jjsingleton, @kegan22, @drawdiah, @sargentsill, @itss-faith, @spider-anne, @kolonkid, @elena, @kasirois, @julie, @nursetina, @8675309, and @kellyanne

We kindly request all new members to post an intro so that we all can know more about you ๐Ÿ™‚

Kolonkid
    kolonkid
    Participant

Hi after ignoring symptoms
    Of bloating and loose bowels since age 45,my doc saying you look healthy eat less fibre!I did not know there had been 2 cases on my dad’s side.Pooh test at 62,then colonoscopy,tumour could not be lifted off so RHELICTOMY, no chemo stage 1. 19 lymoh glands removed Follow up scan yearly 5year colcolonoscopy.Some narrowing,I feel great but I’m not sure I quite believe that’s it๐Ÿ˜

Spider-Anne
    spider-anne
    Participant

Hi. I’m Anne. I was diagnosed with stage 3b rectal cancer on February 21, 2017, at the age of 39. I had 28 chemoradiation treatments, LAR with temporary ileostomy, 6 cycles of CapeOx and had my reversal this past January. I also got a surprise during my LAR. My surgeon took my ovaries out because they, “didn’t look right.” It turned out that I also had ovarian cancer. At first we assumed it was metastasis of the rectal cancer, but pathology confirmed that it was indeed ovarian. I am one year NED for both cancers.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@walls2, @dida, and @gemmaross.

We kindly request all new members to post an intro so that we all can know more about you ๐Ÿ™‚

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@lisareid43, @twin, and @jentrylayne

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@pixe_chic66 and @andrepalis.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@cockoffcancer and @nelleb.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@coach_jeromecarey and @jan.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better ๐Ÿ™‚

HJK
    hjk
    Participant

Hi! My name is Heather – I was dx with Stage 3c Colon Cancer in April of this year! I had surgery to remove 10 inches of my colon and 24 lymph nodes, 8 proved to have been affected. I just completed 12 rounds of FolFox last week! My scans were good – and I will scan again in Jan. I have had an amazing support system from my family, friends and co-workers! I am back at work full time now and so happy to be back on a regular routine! #kellykrew

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@brewer, @teletaeva, @suzannejbuffett, @hjk, and @carole.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@renee, @markpaul, @lisalee66, @susie, @kathryn, @bbazner, @n8ivflav, and @jerrybernhart.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@kennytoye, @cfree, @jbrock, @allisonv, @melindak, and @jennernation.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members of colorectal cancer squad:

@norway85, @catmein, @warriorchik, @sheila53, @crashleyy__, @andyroid, @tridd, and @sparklesfaith.

Kindly introduce yourselves so that other community members can know about you ๐Ÿ™‚

Andyroid
    andyroid
    Participant

Hello Everyone. Anirudha here. Its tough to pronouce. So you guys can call me Andy. So my battle began last year after I had just graduated from one of the leading MBA Schools from my country. I had an amazing, well paying job in my hand. Was just about to join, and was diagnosed with Stage 3C Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of Colon.

Started fighting. Had colectomy. Had chemo. Lost a lot of weight. Had all kinds of side effects. Neuropathy being the worst. But kept on going.

I had an amazing support system in the form of my family and friends. I had my downs and depressing episodes, but I turned them into something I could make meaningful.

So, I started blogging. I started my own comic series of sketches. Started reading a lot of books and pushed myself to get fit as quickly as possible.

But life was a little tough after that. Lost my dream job. Had a lot of post chemo side effects. Couldn’t play my guitar. Couldn’t draw or write due to neuropathy. Even had some trouble walking.

So I thought fuck it. I will do something about it. Started a great diet, exercise, kept practicing to write, draw, walk, whatever I found tough. Fast forward 6 months, I am currently NED. Have a job in a fast moving city which is challenging, but I have faced cancer so what the hell. I can play my guitar now. And I can givd my family back in some ways atleast what they lost because of me.

I don’t know what my cards of the future read. But I can do something today to make them a glorious read for tomorrow. So I keep going. Everyday.

I have always loved what Invictus, the poem has taught me. And I try to abide by it.

It matters not how strait the gate
    How charged with punishments the scroll
    You are master of your fate
    You are the captain of your soul

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members of colorectal squad –

@martha, @carolmulei, @rob, @cheryl51, @kimw, @krhoda, and @eric.

Kindly introduce yourselves so that other community members can know about you ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello everyone! I’m Kimberly, one of the Colorectal Cancer Squad Captains! It’s an honor to be here and be able to be of service to those in our special community.

I was diagnosed with Stage 2A Rectal cancer in July, 2015. I completed 6weeks of oral chemo combined w/33 radiation treatments in an attempt to shrink my fist-sized tumor. While resting up for my surgery, my bowel obstructed and perforated due to over-radiation of my colon.

I almost lost my life and spent 10days in the hospital. I left with a walker, 6wks of physical/occupational therapy, a temporary 2 yr colostomy whom I’ve affectionately named Fred.

I completed 6 more months of port chemo to help fight any errant cancer cells that might have occurred due to my obstruction.

I am currently NED and in 11/2020 I’m praying to be declared permanently cancer free. I still have my colostomy Fred because I’ve opted to keep it permanently.

I’m good with no more surgeries and have adapted to ostomy life quite well for the most part. After all of my treatments ended in May, 2016, I completed the Rugged Maniac 5k, just shy of 2 months of treatment. I also became a published author/blogger and traveled to Jamaica/Canada. Now, I’m able to Pole/burlesque dance and will be walking the runway in Australia at the beginning of September featuring models with disabilities.

I believe in living life to the fullest even while I was bedridden for months during chemo/radiation and after my surgery. My faith, family and community were huge parts of my recovery along with laughter and love!

No matter your diagnosis, I believe community is crucial to all patients. I am grateful to be a Squad Captain and continue paying it forward to the members in this community as well!

Feel free to send me messages anytime. I’ll do my best to answer in a timely manner. In addition to my upcoming travels, I am a wife of 19 years and homeschooling our 3 kiddos.

Peace, blessings and light,
    Kimberly

Jordon
      jordon
      Participant

Thanks for sharing your inspirational journey @cancercolostomywarrior captain ๐Ÿ˜Ž Hoping to learn from you and kick this cancer out of my life. Much love to you and the 3 kiddos ๐Ÿ™‚

@jordon,
        Thank you!! It was indeed a battle for my life as you also know. I fought, live and love with an intense passion! Regardless of the outcome, fight, fight, and keep fighting! This battle is mental, the body will fail, so it’s important to keep our minds strong! Focus on finding good things that make you feel happy outside of cancer & laugh as much as possible, it’s true medicine! Wishing you all the best!

Jordon
        jordon
        Participant

@cancercolostomywarrior, you made me realize that there can be a life after cancer as well. I will definitely give my best ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, exactly! Even when we are going through challenges finding our happiness and peace is such a gift to ourselves and our families. All we can do is our personal best. You’ve got this! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster
      Jordon
      jordon
      Participant

Hello guys! I am jordon and I have been recently diagnosed with rectal adenocarcinoma. Thankfully, the disease hasn’t spread to other parts. Much love to other members, looking forward to know all of you ๐Ÿ™‚

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Time to meet our awesome captains for Colorectal cancer squad guys! Letโ€™s welcome @johnnelson, @linda, and @cancercolostomywarrior ๐Ÿ™‚

Captains will help fighters with their experiences as they have kicked colon cancer out of their lives and are now working to inspire others to do the same.

This is an introduction thread which is meant to introduce yourself to other community members. It doesnโ€™t matter if you are a fighter or survivor, please feel free to let us know about you.

And our captains, we also request you to kindly get to know each other and collaborate together to make this community the best resources for colorectal cancer fighters around the globe.

A wonderful community is built on the pillars of amazing people like our captains who accepted our invite to volunteer and help as many fighters as possible. We are honored and glad that they are now a part of our community.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.