fbpx

Introductions

Please   Login / Register   to post or reply on the squad.

Home Forums Lymphoma Introductions

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Cancer_bro cancer_bro 1 day, 18 hours ago.

• Author
    Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new member

@forever_fighting91, @byjenlo, @mroney, @krquinn, and @sgomez702

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better

Byjenlo
    byjenlo
    Participant

Hi my name is Jen I’m 29 and I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2014 stage 4. It was a bittersweet journey for me. Although it was scary at first because I didn’t know what to expect but it was an adventure to me. Not only did I learn a lot about myself, I learned a lot about the people I considered “close” people in my life. I can only speak to anyone about my personal experiences, everyone has a different walk of life. As of Jan 7, 2019 I have reached my 5 years of being free.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members –

@kelliec, @andy28, @dani13, @findingthejoykiki, @anajanine, @kata, @gally, @robynbobbin, @saliana, @sybila, @hcurry24, @nursetina, @bahiyyah, @teamsupermarrow, @idream_, @csutkowski, and @fighting_with_nikki

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Machanna90
    machanna90
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I’m Mackenzie I’m 22 years old I was diagnosed in 2017 with hodgkin’s lymphoma stage 3 so I was only 20 years old, I was scared. I don’t know what to think,or what to do, I was only 20, they asked my boyfriend at the time, if you planned on marrying me, he looked me right in the eyes I’m here with her through sickness and health, I will marry her. I Go through chemo, sick tired, not hungry, only wanted to sleep, I was allergic to my chemo, at first I yelled at my mom, because my throat felt like it was burning when I simply ate jello. I don’t know know what to do, so I got really depressed not being able to go to work anymore. Took my family a lot to pull me out of that depression, Cancer really sucks. It took my 21st birthday from me. I had to do chemo on my 21st, most people are out drinking, I was out doing chemo. December of 2017, I was told there is nothing more I could do, I want to Michigan to get a second opinion and they let my boyfriend and I out of the room, and they kept my parents inside, told my parents to prepare my funeral because I wasn’t gonna see valentine’s day, my parents really didn’t say much they took me to dinner, let me eat a bunch of pizza. I got to do everything that I shouldnt really have been doing, but they never once told me what’s going on. They made it sound like everything was ok I got a little a head of myself when I was diagnosed, my parents also went through a nasty divorce. On top of my diagnosis, my parents also split up, which is ok, I guess I saw it coming, I just wish my parents were whole or split up but could put they’re differences aside since I was hurting. Now, I know, I told you guys, I wasn’t supposed to be here obviously I am and February of last year, I was a miracle, I was put in remission. Again,I sprung ahead.in March 2017 I had to do open heart surgery, the mass was so big, it pushed on my heart and caused 300 CCS of fluid. I could have had a massive heart attack if I had not gone to the hospital. I did 3 hours long hours of open heart surgery.that being said On the 27th of December of last year, obviously, I got my port out because I was told the Cancer is gone.my family and I have never been more happy sorry this is so long I didn’t realize how much I had to say I’m glad i found a group of people, that understand what I was going through,well what I am going through I’m here for anybody who needs me, I always have an ear to listen and a virtual shoulder to cry on. God bless you all, I can’t wait to talk to you, thank you for listening well reading I guess ❤❤

~Mackenzie cancer winner

Kata
    kata
    Participant

Hello Everyone.
    My name is Kata. I am a 42 year old hungarian woman living in London. In October I had a bad cough and my GP sent me to A&E to have an X-ray. Next day I had a biopsy, 2 days later a Pet Scan. In two weeks I already had my first chemotherapy scheduled. I was diagnosted with stage 2B Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and I already started my 2nd cycle AVBD. I feel great, no side effects so far. Altough my tumor is/was huge in my chest (18,2 cm) I know I can be easely cured. I will have my Pet Scan on the 31st of December again and I know I will be cancer free by that time. 🙂 If you do not believe in yourself who else would? 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kata kata.
    Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members –

@taraketchem, @wassilakhattab, @katobando, @ariel-purcell45, @ksantema, @robertb4455, @daviskelvin68, @keri, @abbzxx0h, @lamamaaitah, @moorerestored81, @ejacko, @kareninardh, and @melwhite.

Kindly introduce yourself to other community members so that we can know each other better 🙂

Keri
    keri
    Participant

Hey guys, my name is Keri, I’m 22
    I’m from Trinidad I was dignosed with stage 2 Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2017. I finished all my treatment and I’m anxiously waiting to do what’s supposed to be my remission pet scan fingers crossed I’ve beat this monster and in remission. I look forward to getting to know all of you ♡♡♡

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Keri keri. Reason: Forgot something
    Ariel.purcell45
    ariel-purcell45
    Participant

Hi guys! My names Ariel, I’m 18 years old and was recently diagnosed with stage 2 Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Cancer sucks. I just graduated high school and should be going to college, going out with friends, working… but I’m too sick or I’m in too much pain… getting treatment. My whole life I have had long hair and his last weekend I shaved it- it’s hard because you look at yourself in the mirror and as for me… I don’t see ME. My hair was a big part of me and a part of how I held onto my mom who passed away from cancer 10 years ago. Then you begin to think no one is going to want to date me… a cancer patient… a girl with no hair. But all of that isn’t true. The cancer doesn’t define who you are!! You are so much MORE. Hair or no hair you are beautiful, if people say otherwise should they even be apart of your life? Yes there are days where I want to flip my hair or run a marathon and then break down crying cuz I can’t but then I just draw on my bald head with a expo marker and dance around my room😜 make the best of things!!

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members – @sabujbaidya333 and @bechtoldbadass.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new members

@varriedunlop, @world-s_okayest_cyclist, @iamroyaltyradio, @pamwashere, @fatma, @dakotastrongmom, @aprilmorning, @tenntate12, @drken62006, @tere14009, and @juliep.

Tere14009
    tere14009
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Teresa and I got diagnosed with stage 3 hodgkins lymphoma in October. I’m actually sitting getting potassium pumped into me right now. How is everyone doing?

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@gabrielle and @juliet.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@cece, @jennibear, @isistange, @cbollingtosuner, @duncanngure, @alex, @aarmstrong76, @suziegood_70, and @priyankabanga.

Isistange
    isistange
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Isidora Stange. I’m 20 years old and I’m from Chile, so my English is not very good.
    I am a Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma fighter since January, I’ve already completed 6 rounds of R-CHOP Chemo and last week I started Radiotherapy. Not gonna lie, this year has been really difficult, but I have kept a smile on my face this whole time, I’m a really happy and possitive person. In my last Pet Scan, it showed that the tumor is almost gone, so I won’t give up until I’m cancer free! 😜
    If you need a friend to talk, support, anything, please let me know! 💙
    Good luck to everyone in your cancer fight 💙

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@lejj, @leiah, @stef1479, @livefreewarrior, @beckyellen89, @blu, @deesurvivor05, @kayblackburn, and @brojo.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

@iamlegion, @linfopedia, @tonisurvived, @stmadisonv, @nataliatoro, @indian_motorcycle_lady, and @krystalviolet.

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new community members – @emilys and @reshanamarie.

We kindly request all new members to post an intro so that we all can know more about you 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Welcome our new Lymphoma squad captain – @kitkatymac

Kindly, introduce yourself to other community members so that they can reach out to you when they are seeking support.

A wonderful community is built on the pillars of amazing people like our captains who accepted our invite to volunteer and help as many fighters as possible.

We are honored and glad that they are now a part of our community 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s meet our new Lymphoma Squad members –

@kitkatymac, @rhianashley20, @ahicklin, @analcancersurvivor2011, @savannahjking, and @lpward40.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Just wanted to say ,Hello my name is Calvin Nokes and I was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma a week after being diagnosed with anal cancer in 2009.

Kitkatymac
    kitkatymac
    Participant

Hey Lymphomies!!!! Kat here and I’m a fellow Lymphoma Squad captain. here is my story, I found a lump in my neck above my collarbone right after the holidays in 2016, I went to one of those Urgent Care places and they did some blood work, which came back normal. I was told that it was an inflamed lymph node and given a prescription for antibiotic and steroid pack and sent on my way. While I was on the antibiotic and steroids the lump seemed to go away but within 24 hours of finishing the medication the lump came back but only this time it was bigger. So of course I went back to the same place and again they did more blood work and again it came back normal. So the nurse practitioner gave me another antibiotic which was supposed to be stronger than the last and another steroid pack. Again then lump went away while I was taking the medication and cane back as soon as I finished it. I went back again for the third time. This time I was told that because I was on Medicaid and my blood work didn’t show anything I couldn’t have an MRI. I remember leaving that day thinking well if my blood work isn’t showing anything it’s nothing serious. Boy was I wrong…. fast forward to April, I finally made enough money to get off Medicaid and switch to a better insurance company and was finally able to go back to my pCP that I’ve gone to since I was kid. I went it to see him on May 3rd by the 17th I had an MRI , my Dr immediately called one of his buddies at Carti Cancer center and my biopsy was scheduled for the 23rd. on May 31,2016 was the day my world came crashing down around me, that’s the day I was told I had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I was started on ABVD by the end of June, I had two setbacks during treatment due to being neutropenic. I finished treatment (8 rounds) on October 20, 2016. “

Nicolemunoz801
    nicolemunoz801
    Participant

Hello Lymphoma squad 🙂 My name is Nicole Munoz and I am a two-time survivor and also a Lymphoma Squad Captain. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 3b in January 2009 when I was 16 years old. I completed 3 rounds of chemotherapy and 28 sessions of radiation and became cancer free in June 2009. I was then diagnosed with a second cancer, Ewing’s Sarcoma, in October 2015 when I was 23 years old. I did 17 rounds of chemotherapy and became cancer free for the second time in October 2016. I am originally from Chicago, IL but currently reside in Southfield, MI. I try to be a great advocate for young adults with cancer and pay it forward by helping others dealing with this illness. Please know that I am here to support you! Connecting and supporting with one another is SO important! 🙂

Brontepalmer
    brontepalmer
    Participant

Hi everyone I am Brontë Palmer a Lymphoma Squad Captain, and I am a survior! I finished treated for ALL Acute Lymphoblastic Lymphoma in March this year after 3 years of treatment I am in remission! I will be happy to chat to anyone about any worries or questions, lets help spread awareness and keep surviving!

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s meet our Lymphoma Squad Captain – @nicolemunoz801. She is Hodgkin’s Lymphoma & Ewing’s Sarcoma survivor.

You can read her story here – https://cancerbro.com/hodgkin-lymphoma-and-ewing-sarcoma-survivor-story/

We thank her for her active participation in the community and helping other fighters in their journey!

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s welcome our new Lymphoma Squad members –

@fxcarrera, @myssred, @dinangeline, @jdinkorn533, @ewh, @matthaag, @olina, @christabel, @katie, @blondebeck1983, @zibz83, @blaise, @uniquelyme, @mfhl85, @davidcruz, @kathyjenks, and @kim48411.

Kindly introduce yourselves to community members so that we can know each other in a more better way 🙂 ❤

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

Let’s meet our Lymphoma squad captains – @sarah, @brontepalmer, and @mike-maldonado.

This is an introduction thread which is meant to introduce yourself to other community members. It doesn’t matter if you are a fighter or survivor, please feel free to let us know about you.

A wonderful community is built on the pillars of amazing people like our captains who accepted our invite to volunteer and help as many fighters as possible. We are honored and glad that they are now a part of our community 🙂

Cancer_bro
    cancer_bro
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.