CancerBro Logo
CancerBro logo
Register
Login
Cancerbro - My 20 year old son was diagnosed early December 2018. I believe he’ll be happy again
cmcail Testicular Cancer
Posted on Feb. 5, 2019, 10:53 p.m.
My 20 year old son was diagnosed early December 2018. I believe he’ll be happy again
Hi. My 20 year old son was diagnosed early December 2018. After right orchiectomy the biopsy showed 90% Teratoma with Malignant Transformation to Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor (PNET), and 10% Yolk Sac Tumor. CT scan showed spread to 1 lymph node (Stage 2A), so he’s been scheduled for RPLND. He decided to opt for laparoscopic procedure, and we found another Cancer Center in Charlotte that can perform the surgery. I’m really hoping there will be a good outcome and he can get back to his life. He’s very frustrated because life’s plans didn’t include battling cancer. All things are on hold, college, work, saving money for that 2013 Hyundai Genesis, girlfriends, etc. He sleeps a lot and I’m not sure if it’s the cancer or depression because of having cancer. I have to believe that it will be behind him and he’ll be happy again.