Welcome to our Lung Cancer Forum and Support Group
CancerBro Lung Cancer discussion forum is an online social group for patients, caregivers, and survivors dealing with small cell and non small cell lung cancer. Community members help and support each other, share personal stories, feelings, and information.
You can share your concerns, ask questions, and share experiences in the suppport forum. In case, you want to chat privately, then you can also send direct messages to community members. For any suggestions or queries write us at email@example.com.
About Lung Cancer:
Lung cancer is a disease in which malignant cells starts developing in one of both lungs. It is the second most common cancer in both men and women. According to American Cancer Society, in 2019 there will be about 228,150 new cases of lung cancer in the United States.
Types of lung cancer:
- Small Cell Lung Cancer: It is the most aggressive form of lung cancer and about 12 out of 100 lung cancers diagnosed are this type.
- Non Small Lung Cancer: It is the most common form of lung cancer.
Risk Factors of Lung Cancer:
- Tobacco/Cigarette smoking
- Environmental exposure to certain chemicals.
- Air pollution
- Family history
- Exposure to radiation.
- Genetic alterations.
Symptoms of Lung cancer:
- Chronic cough that doesn’t respond to treatment
- Blood in sputum
- Hoarseness of voice
- Pain in the chest that gets worse.
- Weakness and fatigue
- Persistent infections like bronchitis or pneumonia
To raise lung cancer awareness, we have written informative articles on lung cancer risk factors, symptoms, diagnosis, staging, and treatment options available.
- If you are new to the community, then please introduce yourself to other members. In the Introduction post - you can share about your diagnosis, any experience or story, and what you expect from the support group.
- If you want to stay anonymous, then please do not share any personal information anywhere in the website. You can read more about your privacy controls here.
- Be kind to others and any use of foul or abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- Do not spam the community with self promotional posts.
- Do not spam other community members with excessive friend requests and personal messages.
- Do not consider any information in the forum as medical opinion.
Read more community guidelines and terms & conditions here.