Welcome to our Liver Cancer Forum and Support Group
The CancerBro Liver Cancer discussion forum is an online social support group for people dealing with liver cancer. Liver cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers share their personal stories, feelings, complaints, and experiences. Our community members help and support each other as no one has to fight liver cancer alone.
Talking with someone who truly understand what you are going through can help cancer patients to cope with their anxieties and depression. You can instantly connect with other community members to either discuss the things that concern you either in the group or privately by using direct messages.
About Liver Cancer:
Liver cancer is a type of cancer which usually forms in the cells of the liver. According to American Cancer Society, there will be approximately 42,030 new cases of liver cancer in the United States .
- Hepatitis B/C infection.
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Environmental exposure.
- Gender and Ethnicity: Liver cancer is more common in males than females. Incidences of liver cancer is highest in Asians followed by African Americans.
Symptoms of Liver Cancer:
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Abdominal Pain
- Loss of appetite
Types of liver cancer:
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: It is the most common type of liver cancer which usually affects people with chronic liver diseases like cirrhosis.
- Cholangiocarcinoma: It is also known as bile duct cancer as it starts developing in the bile ducts.
- Liver Angiosarcoma: It is a rare form of liver cancer but it still ranks as the third most type of primary liver malignancies.
- Hepatoblastoma: Rare form of liver cancer occuring in infants and children.
As per the stats by ACS (mentioned above), it is now important to raise liver cancer awareness more than ever. In our mission to make people more familiar with its potential risk factors, symptoms and other aspects of the disease we have written informative articles. You can check them out here.
- If you are new to the community, then please introduce yourself to other members. In the Introduction post - you can share about your diagnosis, any experience or story, and what you expect from the support group.
- If you want to stay anonymous, then please do not share any personal information anywhere in the website. You can read more about your privacy controls here.
- Be kind to others and any use of foul or abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- Do not spam the community with self promotional posts.
- Do not spam other community members with excessive friend requests and personal messages.
- Do not consider any information in the forum as medical opinion.
Read other community guidelines and terms & conditions here.