Welcome to our Leukemia Forum and Support Group
Join our Leukemia forum and support group to connect with other cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers. In our discussion forum, you can share your feelings, experiences, personal stories, ask questions, and support others in their journey.
In our Leukemia support group, you can instantly connect with survivors who can help you with words of wisdom, advice, and suggestions for your concern. Also, you can learn from their personal stories and experiences.
Leukemia is a type of cancer which starts developing the body’s blood forming tissues, including the bone marrow and lymphatic system. According to American Cancer Society, there will be approximately 61,780 new cases of leukemia in the United States .
- High levels of radiation.
- Previous history of radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
- Family cancer syndromes.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Easy bleeding or bruising.
- Recurrent nosebleeds.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- Frequent infections.
Types of Leukemia:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia: It is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: It is the most common type of leukemia in adults. CLL starts developing in cells that become white blood cells in the bone marrow.
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: This type of cancer occurs when bone marrow starts producing excessive number of white blood cells called granulocytes. Gradually, bone marrow is crowded by those WBCs which interfere with the process of normal blood cell production.
- Hairy Cell Leukemia: In this cancer, bone marrow produces too many lymphocytes.
- If you are new to the community, then please introduce yourself to other members. In the Introduction post - you can share about your diagnosis, any experience or story, and what you expect from the support group.
- If you want to stay anonymous, then please do not share any personal information anywhere in the website. You can read more about your privacy controls here.
- Be kind to others and any use of foul or abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- Do not spam the community with self promotional posts.
- Do not spam other community members with excessive friend requests and personal messages.
- Do not consider any information in the forum as medical opinion.
Read other community guidelines and terms and conditions here.