Welcome to our Esophageal Cancer Forum and Support
Join the Esophageal cancer forum and support group for patients and their families, friends, and loved ones. The CancerBro Esophageal Discussion Forum is an online message board and support group for patients, caregivers, and survivors dealing with esophageal cancer.
Community members support each other like a family member as we believe that no one has to fight this disease alone. You can instantly connect with others to discussing anything privately by sending a message or with the whole community by posting in the support group.
About Esophageal Cancer:
In esophageal cancer, malignant or cancerous cells are formed anywhere along the esophagus which is a long pipe from throat to stomach. According to American Cancer Society, in 2019 there will be 17,650 new cases of esophageal cancer in the United States.
Risk factors of esophageal cancer:
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Industrial exposure
- Older age
Symptoms of esophageal cancer:
- Weight loss
- Pain in the chest
- Chronic cough
Types of esophageal cancer:
- Adenocarcinoma: It is the most common type of esophageal cancer which usually starts developing in mucus-forming gland cells of the esophageal lining.
- Squamous cell carcinoma:This type of esophageal cancer most often occur in the middle and upper region of the esophagus. It usually starts forming in the thin and fat cells that make up the outermost skin.
To raise esophageal cancer awareness, we have created information articles, infographics, and videos. It also helps our support group members to access information and get support from a single place.
- If you are new to the community, then please introduce yourself to other members. In the Introduction post - you can share about your diagnosis, any experience or story, and what you expect from the support group.
- If you want to stay anonymous, then please do not share any personal information anywhere in the website. You can read more about your privacy controls here.
- Be kind to others and any use of foul or abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- Do not spam the community with self promotional posts.
- Do not spam other community members with excessive friend requests and personal messages.
- Do not consider any information in the forum as medical opinion.
Read other community guidelines and terms and conditions here.