Welcome to our Colon Cancer Forum and Support Group
Join our colon cancer forum and support group to instantly connect with other colon cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers. Here you can ask any questions, share your personal experiences, stories, and feelings with others going through similar situations.
Whether you are looking for emotional support, caregiving tips, or have any other concerns related to colon cancer, you can join our support group where our members help and support each other. Remember, you are not alone in your journey.
Raising awareness is important to combat cancer and save potential lives. In order to provide support and information to anyone having colorectal cancer, we have written informational articles, created infographics, and videos on its risk factors, symptoms, diagnosis, staging, and treatment options available.
About Colon Cancer:
Colon cancer also known as colorectal cancer is a type of cancer which begins in the colon (largest part of the large intestine). According to American Cancer Society, there will be about 101,420 new cases of colon cancer in the United States (2019).
Symptoms of colon cancer:
- Change in bowel habit and abdominal pain.
- Blood in stools.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Weakness, fatigue, or lethargy.
- Nause and vomiting.
Types of colon cancer:
- Carcinoid Tumors: These type of colon cancer starts special hormone-making cells in the intestine.
- GISTs: Gastrointestinal stromal tumors start from the cells in the interstitial cells of Cajal which are present in the wall of the colon.
- Lymphomas: It is the cancer of immune system cells and mostly starts in the lymph nodes but can also start developing in the colon and other organs.
- Sarcomas: Sarcomas of the colon or rectum are rare.
- If you are new to the community, then please introduce yourself to other members. In the Introduction post - you can share about your diagnosis, any experience or story, and what you expect from the support group.
- If you want to stay anonymous, then please do not share any personal information anywhere in the website. You can read more about your privacy controls here.
- Be kind to others and any use of foul or abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- Do not spam the community with self promotional posts.
- Do not spam other community members with excessive friend requests and personal messages.
- Do not consider any information in the forum as medical opinion.
Read other community guidelines and terms and conditions here.