Welcome to our Bone Cancer Forum and Support Group
Join our bone cancer forum and support group which is the place where you can connect with other patients, survivors, and caregivers to support each other, seek words of wisdom, and express your feelings.
In our bone cancer support group, you can talk about anything related to your cancer diagnosis, staging, and treatment. The topics for discussions are not defined and you can feel free to vent out in the community, express how are you feeling, or simply make new friends and connect with them locally.
About Bone Cancer:
Primary bone cancer is a cancer which generally starts to develop in the bones. It accounts for 0.2% of all bone cancer taken into account. However, it is more common for bones to be the site of metastasis from other forms of cancer.
According to the data by ACS, 3500 new cases of bone cancer will be seen in the United States in 2019.
Types of Bone Cancer:
- Chondrosarcomas: In adults, 40% of primary bone cancers are chondrosarcomas which start at the cartilage cells.
- Osteosarcomas: In adults (mostly between the ages of 10 to 30), osteosarcoma constitutes of 28% of primary bone cancers. It is rare in middle aged people (10% of osteosarcoma cases) and is more common in males than females.
- Chordomas: In adults, 10% of primary bone cancers are Chordomas which usually occurs in the base of the skull and bones of the spine.
- Ewing Tumors: They form the 8% of all primary bone cancer cases and is the second most common in teens and children. Mostly, it develops in bone but can start from other tissues and organs.
- Fibrosarcomas: In adults, 4% of primary bone cancers are Fibrosarcomas and develops more often in soft tissues than bones.
We also written informative bone cancer articles to provide information and support at a single place.
- If you are new to the community, then please introduce yourself to other members. In the Introduction post - you can share about your diagnosis, any experience or story, and what you expect from the support group.
- If you want to stay anonymous, then please do not share any personal information anywhere in the website. You can read more about your privacy controls here.
- Be kind to others and any use of foul or abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- Do not spam the community with self promotional posts.
- Do not spam other community members with excessive friend requests and personal messages.
- Do not consider any information in the forum as medical opinion.
Read other community guidelines and terms and conditions here.