Approximately, 1.8 million new cases of cancer are expected to be diagnosed by the end of year 2020 in the US. But, that’s not a reason to worry because the American Society of Cancer says that more than 16.9 million people have survived cancer so far in the US. To be a survivor, of course, you need to find a good hospital preferably closer to your home so that you can comply with the follow – ups visits and long – term treatment procedures. So, here we introduce to a list of top 10 cancer hospitals in Texas so that you can select the best one based on your needs.
Best Cancer Hospitals in Houston
M D Anderson Cancer Center
- Located in Houston, M D Anderson Cancer Center is not just the best in Texas but in the entire US according to the findings of a nation – wide survey from the US News and World Reports.
- Anderson has helped individuals in their battle against cancer for over 80 years since its foundation.
- It has a team of over 21, 000 medical experts who are dedicated to provide unmatched services to the patient as well as their family members.
- Its expertise lies in the management of urological cancers, gynaecological cancers, head and neck tumours, throat cancer and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, for which, it has received several awards and appreciation.
- The hospital also has a speciality of managing surgical and geriatric patients because of their high degree of patient – sensitive care.
- It treats over 141, 000 patients annually who appreciate their efforts in cancer care.
- For providing advanced, quality care to its patients, the hospital staff members regularly engage in forming consensus on treatment and indulge in multi – disciplinary cancer care.
- They also conduct regular clinical trials and have so far participated in 1250 clinical trials for both common and rare types of cancers.
- Anderson also has tie – ups with hospitals nationwide, through which, it elevates the quality of life of cancer patients in a larger context.
Address: 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center is an NCI – accredited Comprehensive Cancer Centre providing high – quality of services to patients.
- They make the use of advanced technologies and features in the treatment of different types of cancer including:
- Bone cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Brain, Pituitary and Spine Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Genitourinary Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancers
- The hospital makes the use biomarker tools for detecting the genetic makeup of the patient, based on which, individualised treatment protocols are selected.
- Also, new therapies are continuously being formulated at the hospital with the help of genomic analysis and a thorough understanding of the functioning of human physiology.
- Additionally, the hospital has a community outreach program offering cancer screening and prevention to individuals in the larger Houston area who do not have equalized access to treatment.
Address: 7200 Cambridge St 7th Floor, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Houston Methodist Cancer Center
- Houston Methodist Cancer Center has been ranked number 39 on the list of best cancer hospitals by US News and World Reports. Now, since this survey involved over 885 hospitals, the score is good enough.
- Presently, the hospital is offering virtual visits to prevent infection among cancer patients in the times of COVID-19. However, they are also available offline.
- The mission of the Methodist hospital is to offer the most latest and effective cancer treatments to as many patients as possible.
- For this, it employs a team of nationally – renowned medical and surgical oncologists who are engaged in all aspects of patient care from diagnosis to treatment and research.
- The expertise of Methodist lies in the treatment of breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and brain cancer since the advanced technologies of the hospital are mostly reserved for these.
- Being focused on patient – centred care, they form personalised treatment plan for each patient and are aligned towards physical and emotional recovery of the patient.
- If you do not have a diagnosed disease, but, have a positive family history, you can opt for genetic testing and screening hospitals available at the hospital to be guided towards an early approach to prevention.
- Along with combining cutting – edge care with compassion, the Methodist hospital also leads the treatment of chemotherapy – resistant cancer cases through the discovery of novel treatment agents.
Address: 6550 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, United States
TIRR Memorial Hermann’s rehabilitation hospital
- TIRR Memorial Hermann’s rehabilitation hospital is a comprehensive rehabilitation hospital, which is aimed at improvising the cancer journeys of the patients.
- It offers both inpatient and outpatient cancer rehabilitation services in Houston in compliance with the treatment goals and expectations of the patient and their family members / caregibers.
- The TIRR Memorial has been ranked fourth among rehabilitation hospitals in the entire US, which indicates the quality of services at the centre.
- Some of the challenges and symptoms, which they help to resolve, include cancer – related fatigue, weight loss, mental health issues like anxiety and depression, difficulty in swallowing food, decreased strength, excessive pain, social issues, lack of coordination among patients with different types and stages of cancer.
- This is enabled through the use of following treatment options available exclusively at the hospital:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Music Therapy
- Spasticity Management
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Vision Rehabilitation
- Wheelchair & Mobility Assessments
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- All these programs help in advancing the recovery states of the patients and in improving their quality of life after cancer treatments.
Address: 1333 Moursund St, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Hospitals in Dallas, Hill Country and Austin
Baylor Scott & White Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center
- Situated in Dallas, Baylor Scott & White Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center has to be the best cancer hospital outside of Houston.
- Baylor Scott has collaboration with Cleveland Clinic in Texas and thereby provides excellent quality of cancer care through outpatient and inpatient services.
- Based on the needs of the patient, a combination of chemotherapy, radiotherapy and immunotherapy is provided.
- This is decided after elaborate testing including genetic testing and genome sequencing.
- The hospital also engages in regular clinical trials and thereby has the capability to provide leading – edge treatments.
- Their team has a large number of haematology oncologists and some genitourinary experts. So, it can be rightly selected for the treatment of blood cancers, leukaemia, lymphoma and cancer of the prostate or penile cancer.
Address: 3500 Gaston Ave, Dallas, TX 75246, United States
Harold C. Simmons Cancer Centre, U T Southwestern Medical Center
- Harold C. Simmons is the only NCI – accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas. So, it rather provides the gold standard of treatment services.
- It employs a multi – disciplinary program for the provision of high – quality care to cancer patients.
- It also indulges in regular cancer research, which makes it possible for the team to develop and practice new treatment regimens.
- The goal of the cancer centre is to minimise the impact of cancer on the quality of life of patients, so, they closely work to minimise the side effects associated with cancer treatment.
- They have over 30 different cancer – designated departments at the hospital in addition where a lot of treatment, innovation and research work go on.
- Lastly, it provides culturally – safe care through the involvement of multi – lingual, multi – ethnic and varied socio – economic staff members from over 12 counties.
Address: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, United States
Parkland Hospital Cancer Center
- Parkland Hospital has collaborations with the Simmons Cancer Center as well as the American Cancer Society, and participates in the combined efforts to fight this chronic condition.
- It aims to deliver quality cancer care services to the patients while educating them about their disease as well as empowering them to stay at the centre of decision making.
- The expertise of Parkland Hospital lies in the treatment of hematologic cancers, although, variety of cases, including complex ones, have been managed by their team over a span of 26 years of operation.
- The centre also excels in immunotherapy treatments and precision oncology services, which it provides in collaboration with Missouri Baptist.
- The office of American Cancer Society is located the Haematology and Oncology clinic at Parkland where patients and family members are provided with emotional support, support in coping up with the diagnosis and nutritional information.
- They also help in managing additional concerns of the patient such as transportation issues and financial assistance programs. So, it is a good choice for individuals with advanced stage of disease or the elderly who are faced with such issues.
- Because of their considerate efforts, the Parkland hospital has always received positive reviews from their patients.
- You must keep looking up for their new $ 154 million breast cancer centre, which will be operational in 2021 and will provide unmatched quality of services to breast cancer patients.
Address: 5184 Tex Oak Ave, Dallas, TX 75235, United States
Pauline Allen Gill Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Pauline Allen Gill Center for Cancer and Blood is the largest paediatric cancer centre in North Texas treating more than 1 in 5 cancer – diagnosed children in Texas.
- They offer world – class paediatric treatment options being a specialised centre and treat over 1, 000 new cases each year successfully.
- It is committed to cancer management and prevention in children and runs several programs such as bleeding disorders treatment program, bone disorders failure program and brain tumour treatment program, for treating cancer in a quality – controlled manner.
- Through these programs, effective coordination of care is achieved among medical professionals and education and screening of family members along with screening of the child for additional existing anomalies is comprehensively made.
- The hospital has an expertise in treating different types of cancer in children including Anaplastic Astrocytoma Aneurysmal Bone Cyst, Benign Bone Tumours and Cysts, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Glioblastoma, Haemarthrosis, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Medulloblastoma, Neuroblastoma, Neurofibromatosis, Non-Rhabdomyosarcoma Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Osteochondroma, Osteosarcoma, Retinoblastoma, Rhabdomyosarcoma and Nephroblastoma to name a few.
Address: 1935 Medical District Dr, Dallas, TX
Hill Country Memorial Hospital for Cancer
- Hill Country Memorial Hospital specialises in haematologic – oncologic cancers and breast cancer cases.
- It provides personalised treatments for cancer based on the needs and preferences of the patient.
- The hospital staff has a 45+ years of experience in breast cancer alone and is thus trained to understand the needs of the patient.
- It also has a 3D mammography machine, which enables early detection of breast cancer reducing the need for repeated scans.
- Further, its view provides a 40 % greater chance of detecting invasive tumours, which would not have been possible through the use of standard imaging technologies.
- The hospital also has a Wellness Centre for cancer patients where fitness, relaxation and nutritional advice is provided to the patients.
Address: 1020 S State Hwy 16 • Fredericksburg, TX 78624
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center
- St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is a specialised centre for the treatment of hematologic cancers.
- It has partnerships with Sarah Cannon Cancer Centre for the facilitation of bone marrow transplants in cancer patients.
- It also has tie – ups with the Texas Oncology and the Texas Transplant Institutes making it one of the finest centres for bone marrow transplant in Texas.
- In fact, it is the only centre providing transplant options in South Austin meeting the needs of local cancer patients.
- This 24 – bedded facility mainly excels in the treatment of:
- Advanced cancers of the gastrointestinal system
- Breast cancer
- Brain tumour
- Cancer of the spinal cord
- Lung cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Medistinal cancer
Address: 901 W Ben White Blvd, Austin, TX 78704, United States