Today, in this listing article, we will cover top 10 cancer hospitals in Chennai. So, if you are looking for any government or private cancer hospital in Chennai, this article can help you to make a better decision. We have added hospitals based on their infrastructure, availability of latest equipment for diagnosis and treatment, and other factors like patient support and additional services offered.
Let’s now see each of these private and government cancer hospitals in Chennai in detail.
You might want to gain more information on cancer and its treatment, information on various side effects of cancer and it’s treatment and survivor stories of hope and motivation.
Don’t forget to have a look at our website resources that may be helpful for you.
- Information about various types of cancers
- Cancer Drugs
- Lifestyle Changes
- Side Effects of cancer and it’s treatment
- Survivor Stories of hope and motivation
Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital Chennai
Features of Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital Chennai:
- The hospital was set up in the year 1664 by the British East India Company.
- The hospital is funded and maintained by the Government of Tamil Nadu. It is one of best government cancer hospital in Chennai.
- Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital Chennai has performed the highest number of kidney transplants in India.
- 3000 beds capacity. Additional 15 beds for cancer ICU.
- Integrated Lab facility is sanctioned by the Government to offer seamless healthcare services.
Address: Poonamallee High Rd, Park Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600003
Tamil Nadu Government Multi Super Speciality Hospital
Key Highlights of Tamil Nadu Government Multi Super Speciality Hospital:
- 400 bedded multi super specialty hospital in the state of Tamil Nadu which makes it one of the biggest cancer hospitals in Chennai.
- 14 dedicated operation theaters.
- Two cath labs with diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Affordable cancer treatment provided.
Address: Omandurar Government Estate Opposite to The Hindu Office, Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002
Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital
Key highlights of Sourthern Railway Headquarters Hospital, Chennai:
- 500 bedded hospital spread over 15 acres of area located in Ayanavaram, Chennai.
- Founder in the year 1928.
- Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital also know as Perambur Railway Hospital is specialized in 15 departments and super specialized in 3 departments.
- NBE accredited.
- Free of cost medication facilities provided.
- Earlier it was established for railway workers only but now the hospital also caters the healthcare requirement of general patients.
Address: Constable Road, Hospital Rd Vasantha nagar, Perambur, Ayanavaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600023
Stanley Medical College and Hospital
Key highlights of Stanley Medical College and Hospital:
- Stanley Medical College (SMC) is a government medical college with hospitals situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Centre of Excellence for Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- This government hospital treats around 5000 patients on a daily basis.
- Super specialized department for Gastroenterology, Urology and Plastic surgery.
- Stanley Medical College and Hospital provides hepatectomy at a very nominal fee of Rs. 5000.
Address: No. 1, Old Jail Rd, Old Washermanpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001
Adyar Cancer Institute (Government Hospital)
Key highlights of Adyar Cancer Institute:
- Adyar Cancer Institute is considered to be one of the best cancer hospitals in Chennai as it offers world-class healthcare services and that too at very affordable rates.
- The hospital have a capacity of 535 beds.
- 60% beds at the hospital are provided with free cancer treatment.
- Equipped with latest tools and technologies for cancer diagnosis and treatment including Dual Slice CT Scan, RFA, MRI Scanner, Digital Mammography, 3D and 4D ultrasonographic machine, 16 Slice CT Scan, etc.
- Departments at Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai – Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, Bone Marrow Transplant, etc.
Apollo Cancer Centre (Private Hospital)
Key highlights of Apollo Cancer Centre:
- The Apollo Cancer Center is another one of the top cancer hospitals in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Apollo Cancer Hospitals chain was started by Shri Giani Zail Singh in the year 1983 and its first branch was established in Chennai.
- ISO 9002 certified hospital.
- Apollo Cancer Center, Chennai have latest technologies for cancer treatment including Cyberknife, Molecular Profiling, Brachytherapy, Proton Therapy, etc.
- Cutting edge equipment for cancer diagnosis and treatment:
- Cyberknife Radiosurgery
- TrueBeam STx
- Proton Therapy
Address: 21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road, Chennai, Tamilnadu – 600006
Christian Medical College and Hospital (Charitable Hospital)
Key highlights of Christian Medical College and Hospital:
- CMC Hospital is one of the largest cancer hospital in Chennai as it caters approximately 8000 patients on a daily basis.
- Experience over 100 years in providing quality cancer care with the help of its professional experts and specialists.
- Asvanced laparoscopy and Hyperthermia Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC).
- Latest technologies and sophisticated equipment at CMC Hospital:
- Computed Tomography
- PET CT
- Gamma Camera
- Digital Subtraction Angiographic Suite
Address: 688, Seethakathi Chamber, Greams Road, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006
HCG Hospital (Private Hospital)
Key highlights of HCG Hospital:
- HCG Hospital is another one of the best cancer hospitals in Chennai as it follows a patient-first oriented approach in diagnosing and treating various form of common and rare cancer.
- It has a chain of 20 cancer treatment centers spread across India.
- Received following reputed accreditions – NABH, NABL, DSIR, ISO: 9001, and CAP.
- Well maintained oncology departments.
- In house laboratory offering following services:
- Clinical Pathology
- PET-CT Scan
- Nuclear Scans
- Real-time PCR
Dr Rai’s Memorial Medical Care Hospital (Private Hospital)
Key highights of Dr Rai’s Memorial Medican Care Hospital:
- Dr. Rai’s Memorial Medical Care Hospital is another one of famous cancer hospitals in Chennai offering leading healthcare services to people affected by cancer.
- Panel of specialists in medical oncology, surgical oncology, and radiation oncology.
- ICU and ICP treatment options available.
- State of the art diagnostic equipment are there in the hospital including High-speed spiral CT, Telecobalt therapy, linear accelerator, and many others.
- Cancer treatment departments at Dr Rai’s Memorial Medical Care Hospital, Chennai – Bone Marrow Transplant, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and other specific departments.
Address: No. 562, Century Plaza, Anna Salai, Teynampet, Opp. Hyatt Regency, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600018
Madras Institute of Orthopaedics and Trauma (MIOT) Hospital (Private Hospital)
Key highlights of Madras Institute of Orthopedics and Trauma Hospital (MIOT), Chennai:
- The hospital was started by Dr P.V.A Mohandas in the year 1999.
- 1000 beds capacity for patients.
- Offers international patient services as it is visited by patients from 129 countries.
- Latest technologies for cancer treatment available at MIOT, Chennai – 64-Slice PET CT, 750 HD whole-body CT scan, etc.
- 21 operation theaters with state of the art equipment to perform complex surgeries.
With this we conclude our listing of best cancer hospitals in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Hope it will help you in making a better decision related to your diagnosis and treatment.
We have also made cancer hospital lists based on popular cities. Do check them out to find alternate options and find best cancer hospitals pan India – Delhi | Ahmedabad | Kolkata | Punjab | Pune | Chennai | Gujarat | Mumbai | Bangalore.