Cancer is the leading cause of mortality in India. It has been estimated to account for almost 1 in every 4 deaths by the California Department of Public Health. But, it is also true that if diagnosed and managed in time, it is very much possible to treat cancer with the advanced treatment facilities available today. California houses some of the top cancer hospitals in the United States offering state – of – the – art treatment options like robotic surgery procedures and immunotherapy.
This article will introduce you to the top 10 cancer hospitals in California so that you can make the best treatment decision and can also manage to find a location close to yourself so that you can begin early on your treatment. Because that is really important when it comes to cancer!
Best Cancer Hospitals in California
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
- City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Centre has been ranked the best cancer facility, especially for adults, in California.
- It was founded in the year 1913, and had established itself as a comprehensive cancer centre by 1998. So, it is also amongst the oldest cancer centres in California. It has received accreditation from the National Cancer Institute and is currently an institute for biomedical research for the discovery of new cancer treatments along with being a treatment hospital.
- City of Hope has the best team of over 200 Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Haematology Oncologists, Hematologic experts and Paediatric Hematologic – Oncologic experts and scientists who together to meet the cancer care needs of both adult and child patients.
- Breast Cancer Reconstruction, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery and Reconstructive Microsurgery are some of the best procedures performed at the hospital.
- Along with this, its staff members excel in the treatment of hematologic malignancies, breast cancer, genitourinary cancer, prostate cancer, thoracic tumours, lung cancer, cancer of the gastrointestinal tract, liver cancer, tumours of musculoskeletal origin, gynaecological cancer, and brain cancers, as well as several paediatric cancers.
- City of Hope is the most trusted cancer hospital in California since it works on the provision of precision quality care to the patient. This means that cancer progression, genomics and biological properties are first studied before planning patient care.
Address: 1500 E Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010, United States
UCLA Medical Centre
- UCLA Medical Centre is ranked as the best hospital in California has been awarded the sixth position on the Best Hospitals Honour Roll. It also holds 21st position nationally for best cancer hospitals.
- It offers both adult and paediatric care for cancer and has the best team of medical experts for performing lung and colon cancer surgeries.
- Based on patient ratings, UCLA has been rated excellence for overall experience of treatment as well as long – term survival after discharge from the hospital.
- Team at UCLA offer advanced procedures such as image – guided radiation therapy, intensity – modulated radiation therapy and shaped – beam radiation to maximise the treatment outcomes.
- Some of the areas of excellence of the hospital include the department of immunology for cancer patients, cancer genetics, geriatrics, hematology to provide comprehensive yet specialized treatment to all cases of cancer. Other than this, it provides treatment for most of the advanced forms of cancer.
- Further, they offer supportive services such as pain management, palliative care, patient support and emotional management during the cancer journey.
- UCLA has been recognised as a Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre by the NCI and is a certified institute for bone marrow transplants and tissue transplantation procedures as accredited by Accreditation of Cellular Therapy.
Address: University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States
- Palomar Health is a reputed cancer centre in California since it is the first public health district in California to be a member of the Mayo clinic network.
- Palomar Medical Centre is renowned for its state – of – the – art treatment procedures including robotic surgeries in cases of cancer for additional precision and accuracy in procedures.
- Robotic surgeries for the treatment of cancer are being performed by the oncologic expert at Palomar health since almost 2 decades, so, you can only imagine how skilled he must be at the procedure.
- Using robotics by making the use of Da Vinci surgical technique improves vision, access, accuracy and incision of the tumour, which is the procedure opted at the centre.
- It boasts of a $ 4 million True Beam cancer treatment system for radiation oncology that offers treatment through a latest technological approach. The advantage of this novel system is that it offers higher doses of radiation through a safe procedure.
- The narrow targets achievable by the machine damages the tumour cells more quickly because of its higher dose. Another advantage is that the procedure that once took hours can now be completed within minutes at Palomar Health. So, it can be easily performed as an outpatient procedure
- One of the treatment goals at Palomar is to perform minimally invasive procedures so that your organs, tissues and surrounding areas are salvaged. This enables a better recovery, minimal scars and fewer side effects.
Address: 15615 Pomerado Rd, Poway, CA 92064, United States
Samuel Oschin Cancer Center at Cedars – Sinai Marina Medical Center
- Cedars – Sinai is one of the most renowned cancer centers in California having the capability to treat more than 60 different types of cancer. This includes the treatment of rare and complex types of cancer, which were probably not being well – managed by other hospitals.
- Some of its expert areas are in the treatment of breast cancer, colon cancer, bladder cancer, bone tumours, long cancer, cancer of the oral mucous membrane / tongue, ovarian and prostate cancers.
- The Samuel Oschin has been designed to offer you the best – supportive cancer treatment by assisting you with each step.
- One of the best things about the Cedars – Sinai Hospital is that it is directly led and directed by a team of oncologic and hematologic experts, with them having the Board of Directors position at the hospital. So, you can expect the best compassionate cancer care at this hospital in California.
- Along with medical, surgical, radiation and hematologic experts, the hospital also has orthopaedic surgeons, psychologists, physical medicine and rehabilitation, Paediatrics and Soft and Hard Tissue Management experts so they take care of all your cancer – related concerns from treatment to reconstruction and stress management.
Address: 8700 Beverly Blvd North Tower, Los Angeles, CA 90048, United States
Cancer Center at Stanford Health Care Hospital
- Stanford Health provides most advanced cancer treatment options in California while also catering to person – centred and family – centred treatment.
- This is possible through the efforts of its experienced team of oncologists and scientists and clinical researchers who focus on a humanistic and benevolent approach.
- Stanford is an NCI – accredited hospital and is also a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, which is an alliance of the top 26 of the world’s leading cancer centres.
- The centre is dedicated at the provision of cutting – edge treatment such as digital mammography to increase diagnostic accuracy, Computer – Aided Diagnosis of tumour for better image analysis and integration of PET scanners with the biological information of the tumour so that the location of cancer is more precisely understood by the practitioner.
- It has a team of more than 300 clinical researchers and molecular biologists along with a huge team of oncologic doctors. They together understand the molecular, cellular and biological mechanisms of your cancer so that you are offered the most suitable treatments.
- Concerning family care, Stanford provides individualised educational programs such as the Cancer Genetics Program or the Head and Neck Cancers Program for treatment awareness so that family members can support the patient in decision making.
Address: 500 Pasteur Drive, Palo Alto, California
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Care Center at UCSF
- Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre is ranked among the top 15 cancer hospitals in the US that provides emergency, inpatient and outpatient cancer services to its patients.
- UCSF is one of the cancer care centres in California, which is providing comprehensive cancer care treatments even in the times of pandemic spread of COVID-19.
- They are making it possible through the practice of social distancing, use of face masks and PPE equipment for both, the patients and the doctors, as well as pre – screening test before admission to the ward.
- For positive cases, there is a separate COVID-19 ward where the best quality cancer care is provided alongside infection management.
- However, they also have a teleconsultation feature to provide efficient care remotely for those of you with mild symptoms.
Address: 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, United States
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre has been ranked among the leading cancer care and research institutes in California.
- It involves treatment and prevention of complex cancer cases such as breast cancer, cancer of the gastrointestinal tract, gynaecological cancers, head and neck cancers, hematologic cancers, lung cancer, melanoma, neuro – oncologic tumours, sarcoma, skin cancer and urologic cancers.
- It has a staff of over 300 professionals who adopt a multi – disciplinary approach for treatment.
- One of the key features of treatment at USC Norris is that you will be provided with specialised care that will be specifically tailored to your needs.
Address: 1441 Eastlake Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90033, United States
UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Centre aims to provide the best combination of cancer treatment procedures so as to facilitate a full recovery.
- It has a team of most – trusted and respected doctors who work in collaboration with scientists to develop this ideal treatment combination for you.
- These novel treatments then undergo a round of rigorous studies and trials before they can be safely delivered to you.
- A large part of their expertise lies in the treatment of adrenal cortical cancers, brain cancers, breast and cervical cancers, colon cancer, oesophageal cancers, head and neck cancers, thyroid cancer, retinal cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, lymphoma, myeloma and sarcomas.
- UC Davis also aims to treat the patient as a whole and not just the symptoms so they also provide psychological support, pain management, exercise therapies and other supportive measures.
Address: 2279 45th St, Sacramento, CA 95817, United States
UCI Medical Center
- The UCI Medical Centre is among the top – ranked cancer centres.
- It involves a team of oncologic experts who are the best at handling the most complex cases of cancer due to their inquisitive, problem – solving approach.
- One of the most peculiar cases managed by their team was the treatment of breast cancer during surgery, which involves a high – risk procedure. However, the staff members succeeded in its management.
- Going down the minimally invasive routes, medical practitioners at UCI Medical Centres have treated small cancers through endoscopic surgical routes that form a milestone in the treatment of cancer.
- This procedure is called the endoscopic submucosal dissection and is one of the novel procedures developed by the UCI for the removal of gastrointestinal cancers from the oral routes. Isn’t that marvellous?
Address: 101, the City Drive South Orange, CA 92868, United States
Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Huntington Hospital is also known for the use of cutting – edge treatment options including robot – assisted surgeries.
- It is one of the top cancer centres in California when it comes to providing safe, minimally invasive care to patients.
- It specialises in the treatment of different types of cancers and envisions providing equal, compassionate and quality care to all patients which is supported by its diverse, multi – lingual staff. Their staff is very welcoming and approachable and would be willing to answer all your questions related to diagnosis and treatment.
- Thus, one of the objectives at the Huntington centre is patient – centred care. Another objective inadvertently is improved quality of care, for the purpose of which, it conducts regular joint – care conferences to guide standards of care and evidence – based approach to cancer treatment.
Address: 100 W California Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105, United States