The incidence of cancer is high in America, especially in the region of Los Angeles, which is home to several diverse communities. The burden of cancer – related deaths has been on the rise in Los Angeles, especially among women from African American and Latin origin.
Understanding this concern, we have shortlisted the top 10 cancer hospitals in Los Angeles so that you can seek necessary help in time. The information provided in this article will help you in choosing the right hospital based on your treatment needs.
You might want to gain more information on cancer and its treatment, information on various side effects of cancer and it’s treatment and survivor stories of hope and motivation.
Don’t forget to have a look at our website resources that may be helpful for you.
- Information about various types of cancers
- Cancer Drugs
- Lifestyle Changes
- Side Effects of cancer and it’s treatment
- Survivor Stories of hope and motivation
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Designated as a “comprehensive cancer center” by the National Cancer Institute, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center excels in patient care by providing them the most advanced forms of cancer care available.
- UCLA has been ranked among one of top ten best cancer centers in the country and best cancer center in LA,California by U.S. News & World Reports.
- Hospital provides more than just treatment, by enabling patient’s access to full range of services including early detection, prevention, education, wellness, nutritional guidance, survivorship and psychological support.
- UCLA, having more than 200 physicians listed among Best Doctors in America, also contributes community outreach in cancer prevention.
- Some of the areas of excellence of the hospital include the department of immunology for cancer patients, cancer genetics, geriatrics, hematology to provide comprehensive yet specialized treatment to all cases of cancer.
- UCLA organizes various cancer programs for bladder cancer, Prostate Cancer, Lung Cancer, Brain Tumors, breast health among other types of cancer.
- UCLA’s JCCC has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments.
- Successful targeted therapies such as Herceptin, Gleevec, and Sprycel were developed based on experimental cancer research in UCLA laboratories and clinical trials with cancer patients.
Address: 757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Cedars – Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital
- To initiate cancer treatment, the Cedars – Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital offers orientation sessions to patients which are led by cancer nurses and clinical staff members.
- In these 90 – minutes long sessions, information on supportive care, treatment expectations, possible side effects is provided to the patients.
- This approach assists in patient – centred treatment approach through effective part.
- Oncologists and surgeons of Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital treat more than 60 types of cancer, from common to rare and complex, such as
- Bladder Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Brain Tumors
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Eye Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Board-certified genetic counsellors can also help you with Genetic Testing for cancer, if you have a family history.
- Other services provided by the hospital include counselling and emotional support of cancer patients.
Address: 4650 Lincoln Blvd Marina del Rey CA 90292
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
- City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center combines cancer treatment protocols with the principles of true compassion.
- It has been recognized as a comprehensive care center by the National Cancer Institute being among the top – 50 honorable institutions in the world.
- It is also recognized as the nation’s most elite cancer hospital as awarded by the U.S. News & World Report.
- Currently, it is a leading cancer hospital in California and the entire West region and is dedicated at patient services.
- Personalized treatment plans are prepared for each patient depending on their needs assessment and careful research – assisted planning. This is delivered through a team of experienced medical professionals who design specific programs.
- These professionals engage in collaborative care sharing their insights for building innovative protocols for cancer treatment.
- A major goal at City of Hope is to improve health – related quality of life of cancer patients after the treatment of cancer. This is achieved through selective treatment approaches and integration of efficient interventions.
- City of Hope has performed more than 15, 000 bone marrow transplants and has achieved unparalleled results making it stand out from other cancer treatment centers.
Address: 1500 E Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010, United States
UCI Medical Centre, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UCI Medical Centre is dedicated for the treatment of the most complex types of cancer.
- It is the highest – ranked cancer center according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Specializing in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer, the UCI Center has a solid team of oncology experts who employ a problem – solving approach. it has a passion for treating special and complex case patients.
- Furthering the minimally – invasive approaches used by surgeons in the treatment of some types of cancer, the team at UCI excels in no – incision approaches.
- This is efficiently employed by their team in the treatment of cancers of gastro – oesophageal origin where small cancers are removed from the mouth itself. This technique, called endoscopic submucosal dissection, is just one of the expert approaches adopted by the hospital.
- Other than this, the team has an urge for identifying the causative factors of cancer, which they can treat for minimizing relapse / recurrence.
Address: 101 The City Dr S Building 23, Orange, CA 92868, United States
Hoag Memorial Hospital or Hoag Family Centre
- Hoag Memorial is a not – for – profit hospital in Los Angeles.
- It has been awarded with the number 1 cancer program in the Orange County.
- Precision medicine, targeted therapies, radiation oncology and cancer – related clinical research are some of the mainstays of their treatment protocols.
- It sees an annual footfall of 4, 000 patients who are empowered to conquer cancer.
- The team at Hoag caters to the treatment of different types of cancer including less common types such as bile duct cancer, gallbladder cancer and several hereditary cancers.
- Cancers in women are one of the major areas of their excellence, which are tackled through innovative approaches.
- This makes the use of advanced treatment options such as robotic surgeries for cancer in assisting their management.
Address: 1 Hoag Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92663, United States
Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Huntington Memorial Hospital also makes the use of leading – edge treatment options in cancer patients.
- It provides robotic – assisted and minimally – invasive surgeries for the treatment of different types of cancer.
- One of the strengths of this hospital is the involvement of a diverse, multi – lingual staff which makes it possible to eliminate language and communication barriers while conversing with patients from different communities. Their multilingual staff is open to queries and concerns ensuring your comfort at the hospital.
- They also provide sufficient information for guiding decision making for patient – centred approaches for cancer treatment.
Address: 100 W California Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105, United States
Beverly Hills Cancer Center
- Beverly Hills Cancer Center aims at the treatment of every patient with cancer including those at advanced stages.
- It has been ranked the first radiology and imaging expert in Los Angeles and is also among the top 10 centers in the world.
- This has been possible through state – of – the art medical imaging technology and cutting – edge medical treatment.
- It is focused at the fusion of science or treatment with principles of care and healing.
- This is achieved through the involvement of an inter – professional group including radiologists, oncologists and surgeons who work in collaboration with physicians, nurses, imaging specialists, technicians, integrative medicine staff and support staff members.
- For assisting healing, it offers spacious and comfortable features such as private treatment rooms combined with natural light and relaxing colour panel.
- This is aimed to provide comfort and sustenance to the patient in a healing and supportive environment.
- Following types of cancers have been efficiently treated by the staff at Beverly Hills Centre:
- Skin Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Endometrial Cancer
- Cancer Genes
- Esophageal Cancer
- Male Breast Cancer
Address: 8900 Wilshire Blvd #200, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, United States
Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center is an accredited center for providing highly – skilled and compassionate care to cancer patients.
- It has received several awards and appreciations from renowned institutions such as the Commission for Cancer.
- It assimilates a patient – centred approach based on the principles of care for people with cancer.
- Torrance also aims to provide support to cancer patients through recovery process as well as care services for the family members.
- The top services include radiation oncology, infusion center and genetic counselling for the integration of personalized medicine.
- They make use of a rapidly – evolving paradigm to ensure the inclusion of smarter treatment approaches such as targeted therapies or smart medicine.
- Their aim is to support cancer patients and reassure them, through information and education programs and counselling sessions, that cancer is 100 % treatable if not curable.
- With its recent partnerships with Cedars – Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital, Torrance will be able to expand into the use of modern technological approaches for cancer treatment.
Address: 3285 Skypark Dr, Torrance, CA 90505, United States
Kenneth Norris Jr. Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Kenneth Norris Jr. Comprehensive Cancer Center is a comprehensive center for cancer diagnosis, treatment, prevention and education in Los Angeles.
- It offers specialized services such as diagnostic imaging, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, rehabilitative services, support and counselling as well as nutrition services, healthy lifestyle programs and early detection and screening.
- Among medical imaging, some of the options provided by Kenneth Norris include
- Digital Radiography for Mammography
- Magnetic Resonance Mammography
- Computerized Axial Tomography Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Positron Emission Tomography Scan
- Stereotactic Guided Biopsy
- Breast Specific Gamma Imaging
- Positron Emission Mammography
- Among surgical procedures, it excels in:
- Ultrasonic Surgical Aspiration
- Limb Perfusion
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Robotic Assisted Procedures
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy
- Microwave Ablation
- Catheter based Partial Breast Irradiation (ex: Mammosite)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
Address: 1441 Eastlake Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90033-0804 United States
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center is a leading cancer research center in Los Angeles, which works alongside the Kenneth Norris Jr. Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Through efficient research in complex origin and progress of cancer, it develops prevention strategies for cancer and devises innovative principles for cure.
- Along with ground – breaking research, it is involved in comprehensive treatment of cancer patients.
- Employing a staff of 250 medical professionals, Norris focuses on 13 key areas of cancer treatment including breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, genetic counseling, gynecological cancers, head and neck cancers, hematology, lung cancer, melanoma, neuro-oncology, radiation oncology, sarcoma, skin cancer and urologic oncology.
- A multi – disciplinary approach is employed at the hospital in providing efficient treatment through existing protocols and in designing personalized care through precision protocols in cancer.
Address: 1441 Eastlake Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90033, United States