According to Indian Cancer Society, there are around 2.25 million people in India are living with disease. Fortunately, there are many world class cancer hospitals in India to cater healthcare requirements of people affected by cancer. So, if you are looking for a cancer treatment hospital in India, then you can check out the list below.
You might want to gain more information on cancer and its treatment, information on various side effects of cancer and it’s treatment and survivor stories of hope and motivation.
Don’t forget to have a look at our website resources that may be helpful for you.
- Information about various types of cancers
- Cancer Drugs
- Lifestyle Changes
- Side Effects of cancer and it’s treatment
- Survivor Stories of hope and motivation
Benefits of getting cancer treatment from AIIMS, Delhi:
- Houses one of the top cancer hospitals in India – Bhim Rao Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital.
- Staff of expert oncologists, consultants, nurses, para medical staff, along with other support staff providing best cancer care in Delhi, India.
- Modern cancer treatment methods available – Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy, Personalized Therapy, Radiation Therapy, etc.
- Departments for cancer treatment in AIIMS, Delhi – Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and many others.
- The government cancer hospital in Delhi has improved the survival rates of people affected by abdominal cancers.
- Every year, expert in AIIMS, Delhi performs 3000 surgeries annually.
Address: Sri Aurobindo Marg, Ansari Nagar, Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi, Delhi 110029
Phone: +011-2658 8500
Key highlights of Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai –
- One of the best government hospitals for cancer treatment in India.
- Founded in 1941 by Dorab Tata Trust.
- 600 beds available for cancer patients.
- Provide international standard healthcare services at affordable cost for economically backward people.
- Provide free cancer care to almost 70% of cancer patients.
- The hospital is equipped with cutting edge technologies in the radiation department including Robotic Surgery, Linear Accelerators, etc.
- In Tata Memorial Hospital, Delhi, more than 6000 cancer patients are treated with chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Address: Dr. E, Dr Ernest Borges Rd, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012
Phone: 022 2417 7000
Email: [email protected]
Key Highlights of Fortis Hospital, Mumbai:
- Chain of multi-specialty hospitals across major cities in India including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, etc.
- 5 times received the reputed JCI accredition
- 3 times accredited by NABL.
- Also, got the NABH accredition.
- The staff is highly qualified and professional.
Address: Mulund Goregaon Link Rd, Industrial Area, Mulund West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400078
Email: [email protected]
Key Highlights of Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Center, New Delhi:
- It is unit of Indraprastha Cancer Society.
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute was founded in the year 1996 with the sole aim to provide quality cancer care to every section of the society. Therefore, if you belong from a weak financial background, then you can consider getting treatment from this government cancer hospital in India.
- The hospital have a capacity of 300 beds for cancer patients and have an exclusive pediatric cancer care unit.
- Good number of support staff to take proper care and provide guidance to people affected by cancer.
- NABH and NABL accredited government hospital for cancer treatment.
Address: Sir Chotu Ram Marg, Sector – 5, Rohini Institutional Area, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi – 110085, India
Key Highlights of Apollo Hospital, Mumbai:
- One of the top cancer hospitals in India which offer state of the art diagnostic and treatment services to people affected by cancer.
- Apollo Hospital, Mumbai has received the reputed JCI accredition.
- 500 beds capacity.
- 13 sophisticated operation theaters manned by cancer specialists most of the time.
- The hospital is equipped with latest cutting edge tools including 3 Tesla MRI, Digital X-Ray, etc.
- One of the few cancer hospitals in India to provide Molecular Profiling and Genetics Profiling cancer treatment methods.
Address: Parsik Hill Road, Sector 23, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai – 400614
Phone: +(91)-22 3350 3350
Email: [email protected]
Delhi State Cancer Institute, New Delhi (Government Hospital)
Key Highlights of Delhi State Cancer Institute:
- Delhi State Cancer Institute was founded in the year 2006.
- It is an autonomous and independent hospital by the State Government of Delhi to provide affordable cancer treatment to everyone.
- Cancer patients don’t have to wait for too long for their reports. The hospital usually provide the reports on the same day.
- Delhi State Cancer Institute offer state of the art surgical facilities including High Dose Rate Brachytherapy.
- Economical canteen service is also provided for the people affected by cancer.
- The OPD caters to the healthcare requirement of 800 patients daily.
- The hospital is providing chemotherapy to 200 patients and radiation treatment to 250 patients.
Address: Dilshad Garden, Delhi 110095 (India), (West) : C-2/B, Janak Puri, Delhi 110058
Phone: +91-11-2213 5700
E-mail: [email protected]
Key Highlights of American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad:
- American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad was founded by a team of oncologists at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (USA).
- 250 bedded capacity multi specialty cancer hospital in Hyderabad, India.
- The hospital keep up with the latest technologies and cutting edge equipment in their oncology department to offer international standard care to cancer patients.
- Latest technologies acquired by American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad – 3D CRT, IMRT, MRI 1.5 Tesla, Rapid Arc, etc.
Address : Near aparna Sarovar, Nallagandla, Serilingampally, Hyderabad, Telangana – 530019
Phone : +91-9515668363
Key Highlights of Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai:
- Multi specialty hospital in Chennai which also offers International Patient Services.
- Decades of experience in diagnosing and treating people affected with various forms of cancer.
- Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai also have a multi disciplinary tumor board to formulate individualized treatment plan for cancer patients to bring out positive results.
- Dedicated relationship manager.
- 77% success rate in Fortis group for Radiation Oncology department.
Address: No. 52, 1st Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai – 600 020.
Email: [email protected]
Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai (Charitable Hospital)
Salient Features of Adyar Cancer Hospital, Chennai:
- First medical institution in South India dedicated to Cancer Research and Treatment.
- One of oldest and recognized government cancer hospitals in India. The foundation of Adyar Cancer Hospital, Chennai was laid in 1954.
- As it is a government cancer hospital, it offers affordable cancer treatment to everyone.
- Free lodging and boarding services provide to almost 60% of all cancer patients.
- The cancer institute handles 15,672 patients annually.
Address: W Canal Bank Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020
Phone: 044 2491 1526
Regional Cancer Center, Thiruvananthapuram (Charitable Hospital)
Key Highlights of Regional Cancer Center, Thiruvanathapuram:
- The Regional Cancer Center was setup by the Government of Kerala and India to expand the department of Radiation Therapy in Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Recognized as one of the best hospitals for breast cancer in India.
- The hospital also have a support group for women affected by breast cancer.
- Regional Cancer Center also runs various cancer awareness programs.
- Equipped with modern tools and technologies to provide best cancer care in Kerala, India.
Address: Medical College Kumarapuram Rd, Medical College Campus, Chalakkuzhi, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695011
Phone: 0471 244 2541
Kidwai Institute Of Oncology, Bangalore (Government)
Salient Features of Kidwai Institute of Oncology, Bangalore:
- Another government hospital for cancer treatment in India. It was established by the government of Karnataka and government of India to provide multi disciplinary and economical care to cancer patients without any compromise on quality.
- Kidwai Institute Oncology, Bangalore was founded in the year 1973.
- First hospital in the Bangalore city to perform a surgery using robotic system.
- Latest equipment for cancer diagnosis and treatment including Laser Surgery System, Mammogram, Ultra-sonography, etc. are available.
- Modern cancer treatment methods available in the Kidwai Institute of Oncology, Bangalore making it one of the top cancer hospitals in India.
Address: Dr M H, Marigowda Rd, Near, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029
Phone: 080 2656 0703
Key Highlights of Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai:
- JCI accredited cancer hospital.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital offers modern cancer treatment methods including advanced robotic surgeries, Edge Radiosurgery, etc. making it one of best cancer hospitals in India for surgical treatment.
- High success rate in surgical treatment as compared to other top oncology hospitals in India.
- One of the few cancer hospitals in Mumbai, India to have a full specialist program.
Address: Rao Saheb, Achutrao Patwardhan Marg, Four Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Fortis Hospital, Mumbai (Private)
Key Highlights of Fortis Hospital, Mumbai:
- Five times accredited by JCI and three times by NABL.
- NABH accredited.
- Multi disciplinary tumor board takes decisions on cancer patient treatments.
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai provides proper guidance to cancer patients from the beginning to the end of the treatment.
Address: Juhu Chowpatty Marg, Juhu Nagar, Sector 10A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400703
Phone: 022 4365 4365
Key highlights of Max Institute of Oncology, Delhi:
- Premium cancer hospital in Delhi with international standard infrastructure, technologies and equipment to provide best cancer care in Delhi and across India.
- One of the best cancer hospitals in India for treating breast cancer, head and neck cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and other different forms of common and rare cancers.
- First multi-specialty cancer hospital in northern India to acquire IMRT, IGRT, HIPEC, and Radiosurgery.
- Technological equipment available in Max Institute of Oncology – Da Vinci XI Robotic system for treating prostate, cervical, and heart tumors.
Address: Max Super Specialty Hospital, Press Enclave Road, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Key highlights of Action Cancer Hospital, Delhi:
- Action Cancer Hospital is another one of the well-known cancer hospitals in India and Delhi with vision to make the journey of a cancer patient comfortable with the perfect blend of expert staff and latest healthcare innovations.
- NABH accredited.
- 100+ beds capacity for people affected by cancer.
- Offering International Cancer Patient services too.
- Super specialty hospital.
Address: Action Cancer Hospital, A – 4, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi – 110063.
Key highlights of BLK Hospital, Delhi:
- With a capacity for over 600 cancer patients, it is one of the biggest cancer hospitals in Northern India.
- Accredited by NABH, NABL, and JCI.
- Successfully operated more than 800 bone cancer surgeries.
- Modern equipment available at BLK Hospital, Delhi – Cyber Knife, Linear Accelerator, PET Scan, etc.
Address: BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi -110005
Email: [email protected]
Key highlights of Dr. Kamkshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai:
- One of the best cancer hospitals in south India for cancer treatment through surgeries as it has successfully operated more than 45,000 critical surgery cases.
- 300 beds available at the hospital.
- Tertiary Healthcare provider.
- International Patient Center.
- Preventive Healthcare Program.
Address: 1, 200 Feet Radial Rd, Dandeeswarar Nagar, Rose Avenue, Pallikaranai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600100
Phone: 044 6630 0300
Key highlights of V S Hospital, Chennai:
- One of the top cancer hospitals in India with world-class facilities and cancer specialists for treating various types of cancers.
- Dr S Subramanian is the founder of V S Hospital and have offer 50 years experience in the field of oncology.
- Multi specialty hospital with following departments – Gastroenterology, Sports Medicine, Nephrology, Urology, Medical Oncology, Minimally Invasive Laproscopic and Bariatric Surgery, and many others.
Address: 13, E Spur Tank Rd, M.S. Nagar, Mukta Gardens, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600008
Phone: 044 4200 1000
Key highlights of Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu:
- Multi disciplinary team for offering medical oncology services.
- Experience support staff including medical oncologists, clinical pharmacists, nurses, and physicians.
- Christian Medical College, Vellore specializes in cancer treatment through chemotherapy and biological therapies.
Address: IDA Scudder Rd, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004
Phone: 0416 228 1000
Key highlights of P.D. Hinduja National Hospital:
- P.D. Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai is another best cancer hospitals in India providing quality healthcare services to cancer patients.
- Specializes in treating breast and bladder cancer.
- Offers various types of surgeries including laser surger, larynx preserving surgery, bladder cancer surgery, etc.
- Experienced team of oncologists to diagnose and treat various other forms of cancer.
Address: SVS Rd, Mahim West, Shivaji Park, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016
Key highlights of Harshamitra Super Specality Cancer Centre:
- Harshamitra Super Speciality Cancer Center is another one of the best cancer hospitals in India and the state of Tamil Nadu.
- It was set up in the year 2010 and founded by Dr. G. Govindaraj and her wife Dr. Pon Sasipriya.
- Latest cancer treatment methods available in the hospital includes chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, etc.
- Provides free examination of breast and uterus for women.
Address: No 41, Nachiyar kovil Sannathi St, Near Bus Stand, Woraiyur, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620003
Phone: 073737 31008
Key highlights of Yashoda Cancer Institute:
- 400+ beds available for cancer patients with all the modern infrastructure.
- More than 15,000 cancer patients visits the hospital every year.
- Latest equipment available in the hospital – FFF Radiosurgery, 4D gated rapid arc, Rapid Arc, etc.
- Departments for cancer treatment at Yashoda Cancer Institute – Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Surgical Oncology.
- Tumor board consisting of specialists from multi disciplinary available for formulating individualized treatment plans for patients.
Address: Jamal Colony, Old Malakpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500036
Phone: 0404567 4567
Key highlights of MIOT Hospital, Chennai:
- MIOT Hospital, Chennai was founded in the year 1999.
- 1000 beds capacity for patients making it one of the biggest cancer hospitals in India and Chennai.
- Offer healthcare services to international cancer patients.
- Latest equipment available at MIOT Hospital, Chennai – Dual Head Gamma Camera, 750 HD whole-body CT scan, True Beam STx, and 64-Slice PET CT.
Address: 4/112, Mount Poonamalle High Rd, Sathya Nagar, Manapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600089
Phone: 0444200 2288
Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Hyderabad
Key highlights of Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Hyderabad:
- Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Hyderabad was established by US and was inaugurated in the year 2000 by then Honorable Prime Minister of Government of India, Sri. Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- NABH and NABL accredited.
- Patient awareness programs.
- Latest equipment available at Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute – IGRT, 2D&3D IGBT Brachytherapy, SBRT, SRS, etc.
Address: Rd Number 10, IAS Officers Quaters, Nandi Nagar, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034
Phone: 0402355 1235
Key highlights of Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore:
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore is another one of the famous cancer hospitals in India offering international standard healthcare services to people affected by cancer.
- Multi specialty hospital in Bangalore: Cardiology, CTVS, Dermatology, and other departments.
- Latest machines acquired by Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore – Digitized Radiography, Digitized Mammography, Colonoscopy, Ultrasound, 64-slice CT, etc.
- Latest equipment in Radiation Oncology department: Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), Intensity Modulated Radio Therapy (IMRT), etc.
Address: Brigade Gateway, Beside Metro, Malleswaram West, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560055
Key highlights of SIMS Hospital, Chennai:
- Founded in 2012 by Ravi Pachamoothoo.
- Expert oncologists and support staff in the care team.
- 350 beds capacity for cancer patients with 24 hours pharmacy and other services.
- Cancer Treatment methodologies available – Stereo Tactic Body Therapy (STBT), Flattening Free Filter mode technology (FFFT), 3 Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy (3-D CRT), etc.
Address: No.1, Inner Ring Rd, Vadapalani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600026
Phone: 044 4921 1455
Key highlights of Saifee hospital, Mumbai:
- Established in the year 2004.
- ISO and NABL accredited.
- Robotic system available for high precision surgeries.
- Secialities available: Cardiology, Medical Oncology & Onco Surgery
Address: 15/17, Maharshi Karve Rd, Charni Road East, Opera House, Girgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004
Phone: 022 6757 0111
Key Highlights of HCG Hospital:
- HCG Hospital is another one of best and largest cancer hospitals in India.
- Chain of 20 world-class cancer centers.
- NABL, DSIR, ISO: 9001, FDA, NABH and CAP accredited cancer hospital.
- Department of oncology at the hospital – Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplant.
- In house laboratory with latest equipment – Clinical pathology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular diagnostics, etc.
Address: 5, Kothadam Nagar, Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600044
Key highlights of Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Centre, Bangalore:
- Another one of the top cancer hospital in India which is located in the state of Karnataka.
- It is quite recently established but since its inception it has come to known as one of the leading healthcare provider in the field of oncology with constant adaption of global innovations.
- NABH accredited tertiary care hospital.
- Centers of excellence in all Oncological disciplines – Medical Oncology, Breast Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, along with other fields.
Address: 258/A, Hosur Road Anekal, Taluk, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560099
Phone: 080675 06870
Key highlights of Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai:
- The hospital is a part of Parkway Pantai, a branch of IHH Healthcare.
- Gleneagles is another one of the most reputed cancer hospitals in India which is located in Bangalore city.
- It was established in the year 2008 with the vision to provide international standard healthcare facilities to people affected by cancer.
Address: Gleneagle global hospital, 49, Raja Muthiah Rd, Vadapalani, Park Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600003
With this we conclude our list of best cancer hospitals in India. Hope it will help you to find a cancer hospital in any part of the country which best suits your requirement of good healthcare at affordable costs.
We have also made cancer hospital lists based on popular cities. Do check them out to find alternate options and find best cancer hospitals pan India – Delhi | Ahmedabad | Kolkata | Punjab | Kerala | Pune | Chennai | Gujarat | Mumbai | Bangalore.