We have reviewed some top cancer hospitals in the Bangalore city so that it can help you to make a better and informed decision. So, if you are looking for a good hospital to start your cancer treatment or to diagnose cancer, you can consider going to any of these government and private cancer hospitals.
You might want to gain more information on cancer and its treatment, information on various side effects of cancer and it’s treatment and survivor stories of hope and motivation.
Don’t forget to have a look at our website resources that may be helpful for you.
- Information about various types of cancers
- Cancer Drugs
- Lifestyle Changes
- Side Effects of cancer and it’s treatment
- Survivor Stories of hope and motivation
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology (Government Hospital)
KIDWAI Memorial Memorial Institute of Oncology is one of the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore and was established in the year 1973. It is a government hospital and is funded by Government of Karnataka.
- First hospital in Bangalore to perform robotic surgery on throat cancer.
- Multi disciplinary cancer patients care system.
- Anti cancer drugs available at 40% to 60% cheaper rates than market.
- Recognized by WHO.
- The hospital is a member of the Union for International Cancer Control.
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology is equipped with latest tools and technologies for accurate cancer diagnosis and effective cancer treatment – Gamma Camera, Mammography, Ultra-sonography, Robotical Surgery System, Laser surgeries, etc.
- The hospital make use of latest cancer treatment methodologies – chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, etc.
Address: Dr M H Mariagowda Road, Near Bangalore Dairy, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560029
Email: [email protected]
Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital & Research Center
Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital & Research Center is another one of the top cancer hospitals in Bangalore. It is a joint venture of Sri Shankara Cancer Foundation and Sri Sringeri Sharada Peetham Charitable Trust of Sringeri.
The hospital have a good infrastructure with 300+ beds and treats 20,000+ cancer patients annually. Let’s see other features of Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital & Research Center.
- 42 highly qualified doctors from various branches of oncology.
- 31 beds out of 150 general beds are free for economically background people.
- Cancer medicines are subsidized by 30% for poor people making it one of the top few affordable cancer hospitals in Bangalore.
- Latest therapies for cancer patients available – palliative care unit, physiotherapy, speech therapy, etc.
- Latest technologies available in the hospital: Digital Mammography, PET Scan, X-ray 500mA, Bigbore CT, Radio Diagnosis etc.
Address: 1st Cross, Shankara Matt Premises, Shankarapuram, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004
Phone: 080 2698 1000
Aster CMI is another one of best cancer hospitals in Bangalore. Its foundation was laid in 1957 and since its inception the hospital has come a long way to provide best care with serene ambience, spacious interiors, and advanced medical facilities.
- With 500 beds for cancer patients, the hospital strives to offer quality care to all.
- First hospital in Bangalore to acquire ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theaters.
- Specialized in treating cancer with robotic surgery system (Da Vinci Robotic System).
- The hospital is equipped with cutting edge equipments – 128 Slice CT Scanner, Bi-plane flat panel, 3 Tesla MRI, and many others.
- Latest cancer treatment methodologies like chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormonal therapy, oral targeted therapies, Intravenous Monoclonal antibody therapy, etc. are provided in the hospital.
Address: #43/2, New Airport Road, NH-7, Sahakara Nagar Hebbal, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560092
Phone: 080 43420100
Email: [email protected]
Fortis Hospital is one of the leading healthcare facility provider for cancer patients in Bangalore. It is 276 bedded multi specialty hospital with a team of 150 consultants and 1000 para medical staff.
- The hospital offers personalized cancer treatment with its experienced multi-disciplinary tumor board.
- There are 100+ professional consultants in the hospital with around 1000 paramedical staff.
- First cancer hospital in Bangalore to introduce High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) technology for prostate cancer.
- Latest technologies for cancer diagnosis in the hospital which makes it one of the best oncology hospital in Bangalore. It is equipped with 64 Slice PET, Gamma Camera, MRI, etc.
- You can also get chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and hormonal therapy in Fortis Hospital, Bangalore.
Address: 154, 9, Bannerghatta Main Rd, Opposite IIM, Sahyadri Layout, Panduranga Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
Apollo Hospital is one of the most reputed cancer hospitals in Bangalore as it make use of cutting edge and sophisticated to enhance the journey of cancer patient from diagnosis to treatment. It is 250 bedded hospital which is spread across an area of 2,12,000 sq ft.
Latest technologies at Apollo Hospital include:
- Thallium Laser – First in India.
- Digital X-Ray – First in Karnataka.
- Holmium Laser – First in South India
- 1.5 Tesla MRI
- Navigation System for accuracy in surgical procedures
- 4-D Ultrasound for 4 dimensional sonography
- Digital Fluoroscopy and Gamma Camera.
- First hospital in Karnataka and Bangalore to introduce digital X-ray.
- Apollo Hospital is considered to be MASC (The Minimal Access Surgery Center) as it practices least invasive surgical techniques.
- Apollo Hospital is first hospital in Bangalore to start brachytherapy treatment.
- Perform thousand chemotherapies per year.
- Completed 57000 lineac and 32000 True Beam sittings till date.
Address: 154 / 11, Bannerghatta Road, Opp. I.I.M, Bangalore – 560 076
Phone: +(91)-80-2630 4050
Email: [email protected]
Let’s now talk about Medcare hospital which is another one of the best cancer hospitals in the Bangalore city. It was founded in 2016 and in a very short span of time the hospital has garnered the choice of many cancer patients in Bangalore because of its patient-centric approach and highly qualified staff.
Key Features of Medcare hospital:
- 30 beds for cancer patients with dedicated consultation rooms.
- The hospital maintains the hospital and oncology department very well.
- Medcare Hospital is specialized in treating breast cancer, lung cancer, along with other types of common and rare cancer types.
- Technologies used for cancer diagnosis in Medcare Hospital: MRI, CT, and ultrasound.
- Latest cutting edge technologies in the Radiation Oncology department: Stereotactic Radio Surgery (SRS), Rapid ARC, Image Guided Radiotherapy, etc.
Address: No 12, Parvathipuram, Vishweshwarapura, Shankarapura, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560004
Email: [email protected]
Columbia Asia is one of the leading cancer hospitals in Bangalore. The hospital is owned by a private healthcare company, Columbia Asia. Being one of the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore cite, it offers an international standard healthcare services with proper infrastructure (160 beds) to people affected by cancer and other diseases.
Key Features of Columbia Asia, Bangalore:
- Multi specialty hospital: Cardiology, Dermatology, CVTS, General Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology, Liver transplant, and many other departments.
- Columbia Asia provide standard amenities for both in and out patients.
- Best oncology hospital in Bangalore for early cancer detection as it is equipped with latest machines including Digitized Radiography, 64-slice CT, Digitized Mammography, Colonoscopy, Ultrasound and Color Doppler etc.
- Provides both surgical (minimally invasive Laparoscopic surgery) and medicinal cancer treatment methods (chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, etc).
- Latest equipment in Radiation Oncology department: Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), Intensity Modulated Radio Therapy (IMRT), etc.
Address: Brigade Gateway, Beside Metro, Malleswaram West, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560055
Phone: +9180 4021 1000
Bangalore Baptist Hospital (Private)
Bangalore Baptist Hospital is one of the top cancer hospitals in Banaglore serving cancer patients from all socio-economic backgrounds. It is a 340 bedded multi specialty cancer hospital with latest technologies for cancer treatment and expert doctors & support staff.
- Affordable and quality treatment for cancer patients.
- Got “Performance Excellence” Award from IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award.
- Also got the award of “Most Promising Diagnose Facility” from Global Business & Leadership making it one of the best hospitals in Bangalore for cancer diagnosis.
- Experienced staff of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, and organ-specific oncologists.
- Latest and sophisticated technologies for diagnosing cancer – Ultrasound, MRI, PET CT, etc.
- The hospital make use of modern cancer treatment techniques including chemo and targeted therapy.
- Latest cutting edge equipment are acquired by the Bangalore Baptist Hospital including Palliative radiation therapy, 3D CRT, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, and Conventional Radiotherapy.
Address: Bellary Road, Hebbal, Bangalore Karnataka – 560024
Phone: +91 80 22024700
Cytecare Cancer Hospital
Let’s now discuss about Cytecare Cancer Hospital which is known for its motto, “Fighting cancer the right way”. It is known to be one of the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore as it provide world-class healthcare facilities with latest cancer diagnosis methods and cancer treatment methodologies.
- Individual cabins for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
- Exclusive outpatient consulting section for women.
- First cancer hospital in Bangalore to get Elektra Versa HD.
- Tools and technologies used in the hospital for cancer diagnosis – Digital Mammography with Tomosynthesis (DMT) and PET CT.
- Cutting edge equipment in the hospital for cancer care – 3D Conformal radiation therapy, Simultaneous Integrated boost technique (SIB), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), etc.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is a part of Parkway Pantai. Gleneagles Global Hospitals owns a chain of multi specialty hospitals offering tertiary and multi disciplinary health care services to patients across 5 countries.
It is one of the best oncology hospitals in Banaglore with highly qualified team of doctors and consultants.
- One of the largest cancer hospitals in Bangalore with over 500 beds for patients.
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals – Globally renowned chain of world-class hospitals spread across 5 countries including Bangalore, India.
- Treat over 2000 cancer patients per year.
- The hospital have one of the largest ICUs for liver in India.
- First hospital in the state of Karnataka for performing 2000 Endoscopic ultrasound.
Address: 67, Uttarahalli Main Road, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560060
Phone: 080 2625 5555
Macs Clinic is a specialty clinic for robotic and laparoscopic onco surgery and oncology. The clinic have specialists in performing complex surgeries and producing positive results. They are also affiliated with Fortis Hospital for surgery and chemotherapy.
- First and only dedicated hospital for laparoscopic and robotic cancer surgery in Bangalore.
- Experts available for performing minimally invasive surgeries.
- The oncology clinic specializes in treating breast cancer, mouth cancer, and stomach cancer with surgeries and chemotherapy.
- Latest technologies for diagnosing cancer – MRI, PET CT, and Mammography.
- The hospital also offer cancer treatment via radiation with Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT).
Address: 5th Main Road, Jayanagar 4th Block, Bangalore, Karnataka 560011
Phone: +91 9482202240
Email: [email protected]
Sakra World Hospital
Sakra World Hospital is another good cancer hospital in Bangalore city. It is a 350 bedded multi super specialty hospital will a blend of latest technology and highly skilled oncologists to diagnose and treat various form of cancer. It was established in the year 2004.
Key Features of Sakra World Hospital:
- Dedicated rehabilitation center for cancer patients which is spread over 6000 sq. ft. area.
- Highly focused world class patient care units – ICU/CCU/NICU/PICU/SICU.
- The hospital offers treatment services for breast cancer, lung cancer, brain cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and acute & chronic blood disorders.
- Latest equipment available at the hospital – 3 Tesla MRI, DEXA, Ultrasound, Hybrid OT, etc.
- Cancer treatment by medical oncology – Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, and Immunotherapy.
- Also offer cancer treatment through radiation including Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT), Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS).
Address: SY NO 52/2 & 52/3, Devarabeesanahalli, Varthur Hobli Opp Intel, Outer Ring Rd, Marathahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560103
Phone: 080 4969 4969
Oncology India is another cancer hospital in Bangalore and is famous for its Day Care Chemotherapy. The hospital offers holistic care to cancer patients with a safe and compassionate environment.
Key features of Oncology India:
- The hospital have set up multiple clinics so as to help people in early screening and detection of cancer.
- It also offer second opinion on the request by cancer patients.
- Offering chemotherapy and surgical treatments.
- Latest technologies available for cancer diagnosis – PET CT, Biopsies, Ultrasound, DEXA Scan, Digital Mammography, etc.
- Oncology India also provide cancer treatment via Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT.)
Address: #311,2nd Floor,b/w 15th &16th cross, Sampige Road,Malleswaram, Bangalore-560003
Email: [email protected]
Sparsh Hospital (Charitable hospital)
Sparsh Hospital is another cancer hospital in Bangalore with is best known for its cancer treatment services. Its main goal is to provide quality care to all cancer patients with the help of latest healthcare technologies and approaches.
- 150 beds available for cancer patients.
- Performed several successful chemotherapies and surgeries.
- Specialized in treating breast cancer, lung cancer, kidney cancer, and other forms of common and rare cancer types.
- Tools for cancer diagnosis – MRI, CT Scan, and Ultrasound.
- Sparsh Hospital also offer Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT), Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS).
Address: SPARSH Super Speciality Hospital, 4/1, Tumkur Road, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru-560022
Enquiry: +91 80 4910 8000
Email: [email protected]
Rangadore Memorial Hospital (Private Hospital)
Rangadore Memorial Hospital is another leading cancer hospital in Bangalore with over 150 beds and good infrastructure. It is best famous for providing professional grade care services to people affected by cancer. Its foundation was laid in 2007 and since its inception the hospital is performing approx 280 surgeries per month.
- The hospital has the largest dialysis center in Bangalore and it performs 2800 dialysis per month.
- Providing specialized treatment for breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, and various other cancer types.
- It has 8 bedded ICU with proper equipment and latest technology.
- Cancer diagnosis methods available in the hospital – Biopsies, Ultrasound, and CT Scan.
- Rangadore Memorial Hospital also offer Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT), Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS).
Address: 1st Cross Rd, Shankarapuram, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004
Phone: 080 2698 3300
With this we conclude our list of best cancer hospitals in Bangalore city. So if you are looking for a good and reputed cancer hospital in Bangalore, you can refer to this list to make a better decision.
We have also made cancer hospital lists based on popular cities. Do check them out to find alternate options and find best cancer hospitals pan India – Delhi | Ahmedabad | Kolkata | Punjab | Pune | Chennai | Gujarat | Mumbai