Cancer is the leading cause of death in Singapore ascribing a death rate of over 29.1 %. With a marked increase in the incidence of colorectal, breast and prostate cancers over the previous decades, this risk only continues to rise. It is essential that all patients are diagnosed and managed at an early stage. This includes the treatment of cancer as well as an overall increase in their awareness and education.
Keeping that in mind, this article has been designed to provide you a list of top 10 cancer hospitals in Singapore, which employ an interdisciplinary approach making the use of best research and technology for meeting your needs.
You might want to gain more information on cancer and its treatment, information on various side effects of cancer and it’s treatment and survivor stories of hope and motivation.
Don’t forget to have a look at our website resources that may be helpful for you.
- Information about various types of cancers
- Cancer Drugs
- Lifestyle Changes
- Side Effects of cancer and it’s treatment
- Survivor Stories of hope and motivation
National Cancer Centre, Singapore
- National Cancer Centre in Singapore is the largest national speciality centre for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- It has the largest number of well – qualified oncologists and has been in operations since the year 1993.
- The centre specialised in all types of treatment including medical, surgical and radiation oncology along with oncologic imaging and palliative / supportive care.
- It has a staff of 164 doctors who along with nurses and allied health professionals provide treatment for different types of cancer including head and neck, breast, neurological, skin cancers, thyroid cancers and even familial/genetic cancers. Having a strong inter – disciplinary team, the hospital also specialises in the treatment of paediatric cancer as well as uro – oncologic (bladder, kidney, testicular, prostate) and gynae – oncological (cervical, uterine, ovarian) cases.
- Along with providing care in the form of treatment, National Cancer Centre offers emotional support in the form of psychosocial support, counselling, education, therapeutic networks, support groups as well as financial assistance through its various programmes.
Address: 11 Hospital Crescent, Singapore 169610
Mount Elizabeth Hospital
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital has an integrated network of medical, surgical, radiation, haematological and paediatric oncologists who specialise in the treatment of different types of cancers in adults and children.
- It also has a research centre, which ensures the utilisation of best technology for the facilitation of modern diagnostic tests, advanced chemotherapy and the best quality of radiation / surgical treatments.
- The hospital is dedicated to provide comprehensive care to patients along with long – term support to ease their process of recovery and extend support in living with cancer. Promoting a positive care environment at the hospital along with counselling and palliative care / support are the measures adopted by the hospital for meeting these aims.
Address: 38 Irrawaddy Road, Singapore 329563
Parkway Cancer Centre
- Parkway Cancer Centre combines the services provided by Mount Elizabeth Hospital and Gleneagles hospital in Singapore to provide the best quality of care while meeting the varied needs of cancer patients.
- The centre provides advanced screening tests such as blood tests for the detection of cancer biomarkers and patient – specific treatment options such as targeted therapy, personalised medicine and immunotherapy in addition to conventional treatment options.
- It also engages in specialised treatment procedures such as haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (or bone marrow transplantation) for the treatment of leukaemia (ALL, AML, CLL, CML), lymphoma and different types of cancers in children.
- Parkway Centre offers comprehensive support programs for cancer patients including psychosocial counselling, nutrition counselling and rehabilitation programs taking care of all the needs of cancer patients.
- Its not – for – profit endeavours such as CanHope are what make the centre stand out from other hospitals in delivering social support to cancer patients.
Address: Gleneagles Hospital and Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Novena and Orchard
Raffles Cancer Centre
- Raffles Cancer Centre is a part of Raffles Hospital, which is the leading medical centre in Singapore as well as in South – East Asia. It has a 24 – hour emergency unit and a range of multi – disciplinary specialist clinics providing integrated care to patients with cancer.
- Being a member of MayoClinic network, the services provided by Raffles Hospital are top – notch and are tailored to the needs of the patient.
- The hospital provides innovative solutions for cancer patients including day surgery, outpatient chemotherapy and rehabilitation, which are based on highly efficient peer – reviewed practices delivered through competent team work.
- Affirming the emotional stability and recovery of cancer patients, the interior landscape of the hospital is designed in an aesthetically pleasing manner promoting a tranquil environment, which adds strength to their treatment services.
Address: 585 North Bridge Rd, Singapore 188770
- A part of Parkway Cancer Centre, Gleneagles hospital provides holistic cancer treatment to patients with different types of cancer.
- Their treatment protocols include advanced procedures such as 3D conformal radiation therapy, image – guided radiation therapy, intensity – modulated radiation therapy.
- Along with its focus on radical treatments, the hospital is involved in the management of patient’s symptoms and concerns such as cancer pain management and end – of – life care.
- It delivers patient – centred care through advanced care planning, discharge and home care planning while including the patient in decision – making processes.
- Gleneagles has a team of 36 cancer specialists including medical, surgical and radiation oncologists who are involved in all stages of this planning.
Address: 6A Napier Rd, Singapore 258500
Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- Tang Tock Seng Hospital is a venture of the National Health Group, which originated after the dissolution of the John Hopkins Centre in Singapore, which was a joint arrangement between the National Healthcare Group and Johns Hopkins Medicine International.
- Being evolved from an internationally reputed cancer treatment brand, Tang Tock Seng provides world – class private oncology experience to patients in Singapore through specialised services delivered by American board certified doctors and oncology trained nurses.
- It provides multiple treatment options from specialist consulting to radiation and surgical treatment for different cancers including gastric, nasopharyngeal, cervical cancer, kidney cancer, breast cancer and ovarian cancers to name a few.
- Specialists at the centre employ a cross – disciplinary approach in reviewing and adopting the most suitable treatment plans for each patient based on their individual case analyses.
Address: 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
National University Cancer Institute
- National University Cancer Institute is the second largest speciality centre in Singapore and is the only public health centre which provides care to both paediatric and adult cases under a single facility.
- It provides subsidised services to patients for the treatment, management, rehabilitation and palliation as well as for the prevention and diagnosis of cancer.
- Its award – winning faculty provides holistic care to cancer patients through separate divisions offering geriatric oncology, cancer genetics clinic, gynaecologic oncology, hematologic oncology (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma) and even oncology nursing and psychosocial oncology in addition to conventional treatment divisions.
Address: Singapore 119074
Asian American Radiation and Oncology
- Asian American Radiation and Oncology is a boutique one – step cancer service, which comprises of a health care team of oncology and radiation specialists along with medical physicists and allied health professionals taking care of the patient throughout the cancer journey.
- Excelling in patient care and support, Asian American centre devices novel treatment approaches which minimise the side effects of conventional therapies.
- Their radiotherapy programs are aimed at the delivery of precise radiation dose to the exact tumour site so that the damage to surrounding tissues and organs is eliminated.
- Their support options include spine stabilisation procedures and the use of minimally – invasive surgeries for the management of patient concerns arising due to metastasis to the spine or adjacent areas.
- Preservation of form, function and improvement of patient’s quality of life are some of the goals of excellence adopted by their team.
Address: 02-37, 6A Napier Road, Gleneagles Hospital Annexe Block, Singapore 258500
Novena Cancer Centre
- Novena Cancer Centre is aimed at providing personalised patient care for the treatment, cure and prevention of cancer as well as the management of cancer – related issues.
- Their services encompass surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, radiologic interventional treatments along with immuno-oncologic therapy, nuclear and radionuclide treatment for the management of different types of cancers. They are involved in hospital as well as home – based support / nursing based on the comfort of the patient.
- Professional team at Novena possesses a strong set of ethical and professional values in delivering clinical excellence through compassionate care and respect for cancer patients making it valued among patients in Singapore.
Address: 38 Irrawaddy Rd, #09-41, Singapore 329563
- OncoCare Centre is a part of Gleneagles Medical Centre that is devoted to providing the best care for cancer patients through expert treatments focused at efficient care delivery through personalised approach.
- It has a team of professional experts who manage varied needs of cancer patients based on their communicative approach.
- In – patient procedures at the Centre include surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, along with which out – patient consultation from oncologic experts and specialised treatment options such as hormonal therapy, molecular therapy (or targeted therapy) and immunotherapy are provided.
- Along with the treatment, diagnosis and management of different types of cancer, the centre seeks to partner with the patients through effective communication so as to resolve different symptoms such as chronic pain, disfigurement, emotional distress and reduction of toxicity in patients.
Address: 6 Napier Rd, #02-17/18/19 Gleneagles Medical Centre, Singapore 258499